Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mavic XM819 ust question – tubeless related!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

im struggling to get a racing ralph to seat on the rim, done all the usual bits and bobs with soapy water etc….to no avail…

we have a air compressor at work (garage) that has scraeder valve fitting, i know there are adaptors that you can get….

but is there a way of actually making the valve on the rim itself scraeder? im sure i had a schraeder valve with mine somewhere but cant find it 🙁 would it simply just fit in place of where i remove the valve core?

cbrsyd
    Free Member

You mean tubeless?

Just had the same problem today with a RR on the back and a Nobby Nic on the front. Neither bead would seat on either tyre.

Got round it by removing the tubeless valve,fitting an innertube and blowing it up so that both beads were seated.

Let the tyre down and carefully break the bead on one side only. Remove tube from that side, refit tubeless valve, “refit” the bead. Went up straight away with a track pump because one bead had been seated by fitting the tube.

Good luck.

Northwind

The adaptors work well. I’ve never seen a tubeless shrader valve, you could bodge something I’m sure but it’s a long road for a shortcut.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ahhh sod it then ill just get the adaptor thingy, you reckon lbs would stock one of these things???

as for getting them on – most most most bizarre….proper ust tyres, ive ALWAYS got schwalbes on 1st or 2nd attempt with a bit more soapyness, but not this time (had numerous nobby nics in ust guise)….

the only other tyre i had problems seating was the bonty mud x….

so ill have to get one of the adaptors sorted then, cant be bothered messing around with the inner tube way, when i have access to a high power car garage workshop air compressor 🙂

Dino
    Free Member

Yep adaptors work or a bit of wd40 on the bead put about 15psi in the tyre and with the wheel upright grab the top of the tyre and pull towards you working the tyre onto the bead, spin around and repeat on other side. Infate rest of the way and go ride.

damo2576
    Free Member

have you tried co2?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i dont have c02 – i have considered getting some, but to be honest having full access whenever i need it to the compressor is a bit of bonus – i just need to get one of those bleeeeedin little adaptor things

i cant see 1 on halfords website? would have thought they stocked them too!

damo2576
    Free Member

just might be easier to nip out and get co2 kit rather than find adaptor…

z1ppy

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20339

It the best one I’ve found, screw onto the valve then connect up you pump/compressor

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Ditto mounting a set of conti x’s. As per cbrsyd put an innertube in, inflated and left for a few hours. I actually cut the inner and slid it out so I only broke 1/3 bead. Removed valve core and went up first time with a track pump.

Id tried everything prior, including 3 co2 canisters.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Mavic UST valves (ie, as supplied with the rim) come with a Schraeder sleeve and O ring to seal it:

The thick black bit sitting on its own in this picture

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

zulu – that was the thing yes! so how would i fit that? just have to remove the core? or have to remove everything?

Dino
    Free Member

You just screw it on (just make sure the locking nipple is loose).
    i awayscarry one in my pack incase i need to use a forecourt pump/ inflator

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mavic XM819 ust question – tubeless related!’ is closed to new replies.