Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • mavic xm719 rims any good?
  • SlowJohn
    Free Member

Anyone tell me how durable these rims are i have a dt swiss 5.1 at the back but its knackered and these mavics look a reasonable price and i had a nightmare with fitting tyres to the swiss

nickc

Durable in what way?

They’re a wider than normal XC rim, so I’d say if you ride regular XC loops with the occasional, perhaps unintentional air, then they’re probably a good investment, on the other hand if you’re an 18 stone lummox with a penchant for big air and bad landings, then possibly they’re not the rim for you…

Speshpaul

Both 719 and 719 disc rims are solid rims, a little wider than a 717 but still pretty light. But not easily dinged like DT.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumm
    Free Member

Hmm – I have had one on the back for a month or two with no probs, and I am a 16 stone lummox with a penchant for 2-3 ft drops and bad landings.

PJay
    Free Member

I like mine, I don’t do anything airborne and much of my riding in on road (with some, sometimes quite rocky, offroad) but at over 15 stone I fancied something sturdy over light weight and they’ve not needed truing yet.

MartynS

I’m running 719s with Hope pro II Hubs on my Turner..

really good. Light enough and still true. I wanted a slightly wider rim tham the 717 because I like 2.3 tyres and it just gives them a slightly better profile I think.

james
    Free Member

Nowhere near as wide as DT EX5.1s

They’ll still take a 2.5″ High Roller or 2.25″ Advantage without any rolling over problem though. Arguably bigger rubber sits a bit round when seated on them, but it depends if you want square tyres or round ones ..

My 15.5st hasn’t bent (merlin built) ones on up to 3-4′ drops (yes I know thats not particularly ‘core). I like them. 460g seems pretty good for the disc ones. DT EX5.1s are about 500g, EN521s about 540g and EN321s about 570ishg. Stans (tubeless) rims will be a lot lighter though for a similar width

SlowJohn
    Free Member

mines gonig to be merlin built also this is good news

solamanda
    Free Member

I’ve use them for southern uk downhill on a 8″ travel bike and for 4x racing. They’re solid, very stiff if built properly. Mine have take some seriously hard landings and still 100% after 1.5yrs abuse.

duir
    Free Member

Am running a set of 719s on my hardtail both bike and wheels are over 4 years old. They have been utterly ragged on everything from Lakeland mountain rides to Scottish downhill courses and both are still in great nick. I have barely touched them in 4 years. You won’t go far wrong with the 719s, but quality of wheel build is the key skill.

bigsi
    Free Member

I have had mine for 18 mths now with no probs, and I am a 21 stone lummox with a penchant for 1-2 ft drops and bad landings.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘mavic xm719 rims any good?’ is closed to new replies.