Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mavic slr hubs & sram 11 speed road cassette
  • sleigh62
    Free Member

So … I had this plan to lighten my London Road by buying a nice pair of 29er mavic slrs … But it’s all gone a bit t*ts up cos the sram 11 speed cassette doesn’t fit!

Can anyone help with some advice on how to get around this problem … Please?

Thanks

Steve

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Don’t the mavic mtb freehubs still use a spacer to fit 8-9-10 cassettes?

sleigh62
    Free Member

I thought so but I’ve tried the 11 speed on there and it runs out of room … Is a shimano cassette any narrower?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ghostlymachine
    Free Member

No idea. Only got a couple of sets of 11 speed wheels, one on DA9000 hubs (so that fits no problems!) and an ancient set of kysiriums. Which fit perfectly too, once I removed the spacer!

simondbarnes

Is a shimano cassette any narrower?

No

Don’t the mavic mtb freehubs still use a spacer to fit 8-9-10 cassettes?

Pretty sure it’s only the road ones that had that (which means they have been 11spd compatible for many, many years) although it’s many years since I had Mavic MTB wheels.

ninfan
    Free Member

Pretty sure it’s only the road ones that had that (which means they have been 11spd compatible for many, many years)

Thats correct, when 11 speed shimano came out, it turned out that older Mavic road wheels were compatible, you just needed to remove the 1.75mm spacer that had annoyed everyone for years.

sleigh62
    Free Member

I’ve had a quick search through the net …. Looks like I would need to replace the free hub body with a wider one.

Think I’ll just sell the wheels and look for a different alternative … Probably cost less too

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mavic slr hubs & sram 11 speed road cassette’ is closed to new replies.