Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mavic shoe sizing spd
  • stevedoc
    Free Member

So at long last and after a little peer pressure I’m going to try some SPDs and after a good look around I fancy a pair of Mavic crossride xl ,alpine or the bling yellow Enduro boots , more so as I like a good hike a bike to and every pair of (football boot style) mtb shoes ive tried seem to tights or more so I don’t like the soles

So has anyone used , or wears the Mavic style boot and is the sizing right or will I need to upsize as I would need to order online due to no local retailers having stock

mc2
    Free Member

I go up a half size in Mavic shoes when I have to go a full size in Shimano.

HTH.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Yep, up half a size. I bought the bling yellow enduro boots in a 42 as I’m a standard size 8 and they are a bit tight. In fact, if you are normally a 7.5 you can try them for size then Bung me £50 for them if you like? Unused but binned the box. Then I can buy some 8.5’s!

yoeddygrant@hotmail.co.uk

scotroutes

If you’ve ever worn Salomon boots/shoes/trainers then just go with that size.

ajantom

yeah, go up a size – I’m normally a 45/46 and went for the 47.3 (weird size gaps!). Fits fine with winter sock, and pulls up tight enough with summer socks on too.
    I’ve got the Alpine XL. They don’t stay white for long! But do seem to be holding up well after a wet year of riding.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got the Alpine XL and Scree boots, both up 1/2 a size too.

onandon
    Free Member

I go up a half size too

richwak
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 pairs of different mavic spds. I am a uk 10 but had to size up to a uk11.5. I wear Solomon trainers and i have size 10.5 so not the same as mavic. My advice would be to find somewhere that stocks them and try them on or order from crc or wiggle that do free returns.

warpcow
    Free Member

Half-size here too (well, 44 to 44.7 in Mavic).

Yak

Same size Salomon and Mavic for me.

stevedoc
    Free Member

@YOGRANT I would be more than interested but how would the sizing affect the waterproofing after ive cut the toes open as im a size 12 😉

scotroutes

Yak – Member
    Same size Salomon and Mavic for me.

Given that they are made by the same company you’d hardly expect anything else 😉

Yak

Well yes! Seems odd then that richwak is sizing up by a full size between the two.

julzm
    Free Member

I’ve got salomon and mavic too and both are some size, 38.7 IIRC. OH has the same. Shop said they’re small made and always need to go up a size in them. I’m usually a 37.5-38 so 38.7 made sense.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Steve, you could just cut your toes off ;0)

stevedoc
    Free Member

Cheers all , size 12.5 en route for tomorrow morning ,

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mavic shoe sizing spd’ is closed to new replies.