Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mavic Kryserium Bearings
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can order from and how much.
    can I fit them myself using a careful bodge it technique of gentle pushing in?

found i can get them for £8 each at the lbs, but £15 plus to fit them, not being mean but there other things I have to pay for like beer and bikes this month

Macavity
    Free Member

“…gentle pushing in..” unlikely to work, although some people say that putting the bearings in a freezer for a few hours can shrink them enough to get them to press in by hand.

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/technical_manual/data/docs/themes/2_14.pdf

Knocking the old bearings out is much like other hubs eg Hope.
    Putting the new bearings in is more difficult without the right tools, it is too easy to damage them.

Different people have their own ways of doing things (Hope hub):

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

mmm, its a bugger aint it!
    its the front one I have to replace, so the easiest of them all!

BadlyWiredDog

I think you’re maybe other-thinking this a little. Tap the old ones out with a drift then use a suitable socket plus possible the old bearing and tap the new one in carefully with a hammer. You just need to make sure you’re applying force to both races at the same time and not just one or you’ll risk damaging the bearing. Or use a large G-clamp to press them in carefully, same basics apply.

I had a front Ksyrium SL bearing disintegrate on me a couple of months back and the hardest bit of replacing them was working out the right size bearing to use – Mavic just quotes product codes from memory. If I can do it, anyone can, honest guv… 🙂

will
    Free Member

I got all 5 bearings from Condor cycles for £5 each, and then my LBS where the bike was being serviced fitted them for £15. Easiest option really.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Kryserium Bearings’ is closed to new replies.