Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mavic hub mineral oil – where can you get it cheap?
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Need to service my mavic hub and mavic say you need to use their specficic hub mineral oil

Is there anywhere you can get it cheeper than £7 for 50ml !

Or anything else you can use as the seem to specifuy mineral oil

bobgarrod
    Free Member

remember reading about this some time ago – found link on google http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12782148

iF its’s a very light oil I’d imagine any light mineral oil would do.

crapjumper
    Free Member

I’ve been using wahl mineral oil for hair clippers without any issues for a few years now . Approx £4 for a 113 ml bottle iirc . ( mavic crosstrail freehub )

Dibbs
    Free Member

My Ksyrium freehub started making an awful noise late last year, I did some research and ended up using Shimano mineral brake fluid on the seal surface of the freehub. I’ve not had a problem since.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Same for me, probably not the best thing, but brake mineral oil worked for me. That was prob 4 years ago….

honourablegeorge

Shimano mineral oil in mine too.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Do you also need to add grease to the bearings or does the mineral oil do the job

Dibbs
    Free Member

I my case the horrible noise was coming from the freehub, when I stripped it, it was pretty clean inside and just a light smear of Shimano mineral brake fluid on the white bit in the photo was enough to cure the problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mavic hub mineral oil – where can you get it cheap?’ is closed to new replies.