Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mavic deemax tubeless
  • jk1980
    Free Member

Has anyone had success running Mavic deemax ultimates with 2.5 dual ply (non ust) minions and/or 2.4 non ust DHR 2s?

I need new wheels and am considering deemaxes. My brother runs them tubeless no problem with 2.35 super gravity magic Mary’s, but that’s a tubeless ready tyre. I’m keen to try tubeless but reluctant to change my tyres a)as they have decent tread and b)I don’t think maxxis do a DHR 2 in UST form.

alpin
    Free Member

i have Deemex wheels. tried to run them with Maxxis HR2 Exo tyres. inflagted fine, but after burping them riding off a curb i thought better of it. running with tubes, waiting for tyres to wear out before plumping for the Mavic Crossrides.

don’t know if the Schwables your brother is using are UST specific tyres. the Crossrides are… the Maxxis are not.

**** solid rims, btw… have held up fine over the last 2.5 years with lots of bike park and big alpine descending. had to centre the rear once. riding a DB Alpine.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve run mine with dual ply ST DHF,single ply EXO DHF and HR2 TR’s without issue. The dual ply’s needed a good compressor to get it up tubeless but working fine..

Edit: mine aren’t the Ultimates but would imagine that the bead seat is the same..

jk1980
    Free Member

Thank you .I know in general people run non ust maxxis without a problem from what I’ve read on here, but was just wondering specifically about the deemaxes as they’re not the widest rim out there.

jk1980
    Free Member

The best price I can find for a set is here:

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/deemax-ultimate-012-is2000-12x150mm-56669?currency=3&delivery_country=190&gclid=CIb8_IrsosECFWTHtAods10Aww

I was about to press the button when I noticed that a)they’re the 2013 version and b)it seems to say that they’re for 8/9 speed!

Does anyone please know if ill be able to run a 10 speed cassette on them? I thought 10 speed had been around for ages so it seems a bit strange. Also is anyone aware of the differences between the 2013 and 2014 versions?

warpcow
    Free Member

No idea about differences year to year, but yes, 8,9 and 10spd cassetes will all fit.

jk1980
    Free Member

Thanks warpcow

honourablegeorge

Most folks reckon the Dual Ply Maxxis work better on them tubeless than UST

jk1980
    Free Member

Cheers sounds like its worth a go with my current tyres then

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mavic deemax tubeless’ is closed to new replies.