Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mavic deemax.
  • nastybuller
    Free Member

just got myself a nomad c and I’m thinking of putting some deemax wheels on it. I’ll be using the bike for everything from trail centres to natural routes in the lakes to uplifts at ft William.

I want a tough set of wheels but nothing overkill that will weigh the bike down and make it hard to pedal.

I can get a cheap set of 2016 deemax ultimates and was wondering if anyone is running them on their trail or enduro bike?

Thanks

Barry

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Isn’t that exactly what the CrossMax XL Pro’s are for?

rickmeister

Or Mavic ST ?

nastybuller
    Free Member

Yes guys I know the wheels you are talking about but I can’t get them cheap. I can get a belter deal on deemax ultimates and that’s why I was wanting to know if anyone has peddled any real kms on deemax wheels

oldtalent
    Free Member

A quick calc indicates they are only 230grams heavier for a pair than my flow ex/hope hubs. I wouldnt worry about this small weight penalty. I would love a set of demax, for the colour alone.

legend
    Free Member

Make sure you get the MP3 cover or prepare to cry if you break something

mudfish

26 or 27.5? If its 26″ I have a pair of Hope Pro 2 with mavic 823 (black) rims (which are apparently the same rims they use to build deemax.)
    interested? please don’t reply here, I might miss it, e-mail me on flatpedalthunder(attt)gmail(ddoottt)com

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Are they still built with hard to get proprietary parts that will take weeks to replace….

andysredmini
    Free Member

No way would I buy mavic factory wheels again. They are great until they break. Then be prepared to have a long wait and a big bill. Its the same with any wheel set with proprietary parts though not just mavic. The pros dont outweigh the cons in my opinion. The yellow does look good though.

earl_brutus

ive had a set for ’05 deemax for 10 years, had bearings replaced a few times and occasionally true but that’s it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mavic deemax.’ is closed to new replies.