Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mavic dealers in Whistler?
  • ninenailspete
    Free Member

Looks like I’ve finally killed the back rim on my Deemax. Getting to Whistler in a couple of days’ time, so anyone know which shop would be most likely to carry Mavic spares? Last time I go for a proprietary wheelset…

deserter
    Free Member

I live in canada and every wheel I’ve seen for sale I thought was expensive, full wheels have the highest import duty of bike parts in Canada which might be why, anyway, I’d try to sort something before you get here personally, I order my wheels from the UK

deserter
    Free Member

Just dawned on me you might already be here

ninenailspete
    Free Member

Oh – I’m in Sun Peaks already, but I’m guessing I’m guessing Whistler should have a few more shops when I get there?

deserter
    Free Member

Yeah whistler has a lot more going on, how do you like Sunpeaks? It’s my favourite, went to Silverstar last week with my son and he loved it(it was his 1st time at a bike park)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

would you be better in downtown vancouver? Found plenty of shops when I was there as a tourist.

and being helpful from the Mavic site
    van@differentbikes.ca
    sasha@covebike.com
    These are 2 premium dealers who are meant to have everything (not sure about Cove)
    http://www.mavic.com/shop-finder

ninenailspete
    Free Member

Mike – good find with the dealer finder on the Mavic site. The bad news is that shops are mostly laughing at me when I’m calling up to find out if they’ve got any parts in stock…

Deserter – we started at Silverstar for a few days as a warm up. Really good fun, and great for reminding ourselves how to ride bike parks again. The only problem was that there was a ‘learn to play bagpipes’ convention in town, which was about as much fun as it sounds. Sun Peaks is a lot of fun, though…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

should be able to get something in though?

rs
    Free Member

There’s something weird with mavic in canada, they have their own distribution network or something so shipping costs are high if they don’t have stock and need to order one little part, I needed some QR adapters and the shop guy said it would cost too much in shipping just to order them, so i’d be better getting them online.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I don’t know but perhaps jenson might deliver to your accommodation in whistler. Also in canada and jenson have been pretty good. Might be tricky with the credit card though.

deserter
    Free Member

Lol I was there for the bagpipes last year, we had to go down to vernon to eat as they took over the pub

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mavic dealers in Whistler?’ is closed to new replies.