Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mavic Crossrocs?
  • kinger

Anyone riding Crossrocs XLs at all, seem a decent price alternative to Hope Hoops etc when looking for some new 27.5″ wheels but cannot seem to find many reviews out there – probably not as wide as some but any real world reviews out there would be appreciated?

mboy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t bother mate. Lots of proprietary parts (as with Crossmax’s) but no stiffer/lighter/better quality than other wheelset around for similar money…

You not obliged to run DT Swiss now? 😉

davros

I’ve been running he 29 crossrocs in the peaks since the summer. The quest tyres that came with them didn’t stay on long as they are a hard compound and scary on wet rocks. The tyres came up visibly narrower than the 23mm rovals they replaced.

They ride light and fast with a quiet freehub. I’m not a particularly aggressive rider but they’ve handled some abuse and stayed true as I’d expect. The tubeless rim strip works well so no tape required.

Other than the slightly narrow profile I’m happy with them although if I was buying again I’d be going for something with a wider rim. My dad bought superstar DS25s which are cheaper and well rated.

There was a brief review of the crossrocs in either MBUK Or what mountain bike last year.

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Ive also been running the 29er version solidly in the Peaks since November. 4-6 rides a week and they’re still straight and true. No issues with the bearings or any busted spokes, which I believe can be hard to source.

Maxxis HR2 tubeless on them, I really like them and were a steal at £160.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossrocs?’ is closed to new replies.