Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mavic Crossride Disc wheelset
  • montgomery
    Free Member

Back on the bike after a long-ish lay-off, and I’ve discovered the rear rim is cracking. I’m out of touch with current kit – what’s the current thinking on the Mavic Crossride Disc wheelset, viewed as a temporary fix until I get the rear hub built into a new wheel? Worth buying at all and, if not, any other cost effective alternatives?

andytherocketeer

It’s usually the rear hubs that fail (squealing, sticky freehubs), and since 24 hole hubs+rims are not that common, maybe someone has such a wheel that between you, you could make a working one?

Since they’re only €100, I just said sod it and replaced the whole wheel for a new one.

montgomery
    Free Member

My current wheel is a 36H Rhyno Lite on a Hope hub; I’m only after a working replacement/spare wheel.

shifter
    Free Member

I’ve had Crossrides on my commuter for years, not had a single issue with them. Bought because they have a braking surface and later swapped to discs

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’d just get a new wheel built up – it doesn’t take very long, you’ll only be off the bike for a few days…

gribble
    Free Member

Have a pair on my full suspension bike. Do just fine. Can be had for £130 for a pair these days off Merlin/CRC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossride Disc wheelset’ is closed to new replies.