Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mavic crossmax xl shoe, good?
  • lee170
    Free Member

Looking at some mavic crossmax xl shoes to replace my very old tired shimanos. They look the part, reviews seem good.
    I’d like real world owners reviews if anyone on here has had any.
    How do they size up?
    I’m a regular size 8, 9 in roadie shoes.

Thanks in advance

carlos
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of the Black ones for a year or so now. Very comfy to wear and walk in when hike a biking, nice and secure fitting, replaceable ratchet straps, one piece sole so no bits coming unstuck.

I’d have another pair without doubt once these are at the end of their life. Size wise, I’m and 8 and went for an 8.5

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got the ALpine XL which, I believe, is just a slightly cheaper version.
    Really happy with them. Comfy on and off the bike. Normally a 9 but needed a 9.5

ferrit
    Free Member

Had one of the first pairs of the Alpine XLs when they came out. I suspect they may have been a pre-production run as we got the free when working on the TransProvence (Mavic sponsorship). Generally up to the job, great for walking and hike-a-biking and more ankle protection than a normal shoe. Only issue was that the sole and cleat area started to separate so when walking off-camber, the sole started to slide off to the side, if that makes sense. This was after about 2 years though.

Now onto some Crossmax XLs – also have been good. Clip fasteners are extremely vulnerable to getting whacked and are made of cheese, but as mentioned above, are replaceable, if you can find them! About 2 years old now and sole is starting to do the same as the Alpines.

Good shoes, but on the pricey side. May try something else next.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mavic crossmax xl shoe, good?’ is closed to new replies.