Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • mavic crossmax st spoke…where from??
  • markyboy
    Free Member

desperately need a rear wheel spoke for mavic crossmax st…anyone know where i can get them.or any one have one??

markyboy
    Free Member

Anyone?

Sancho
    Free Member

I think I have some, will check in the morning

cubemeup
    Free Member

ring mavic

Russell96

I get my Crossmax spares from Pedal On, had XL/SX spokes off them in the past, quick look in their site shows the ST ones, only problem with Crossmax spokes is you have to order a minimum of three.

https://www.pedalon.co.uk

mulv1976
    Free Member

I’ve got some spare. Which one do you need? I think they were about £4 each from pedal on. The trouble is you have to buy them in packs of three. I needed a drive and non drive side for 2011 rear wheel and it cost me £25 quid for 6 (two packs of three).

markyboy
    Free Member

Hi mulv
    what model of crossmax do you have are they the newer black rims silver decals.i ordered 3 non driveside from pedalon but they are about 1cm short and also have a different sized nipple.pretty sure they have sent me what they have listed as th e correct part!

mulv1976
    Free Member

Mine are the 2011 crossmax st. Black rims

markyboy
    Free Member

what size nipples are on the replacement spokes.the ones pedalon sent me are 5.6mm.ones on wheel are 7mm.iwould take them off you if they are the right ones.
    mine measure approx273mm non drive side/243 drive side

mulv1976
    Free Member

Mine are the 248mm and 263mm ones (mv0197 and mv0198)

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/mavic-crossmax-st-disc-spoke.html

wallycobbles
    Free Member

I think that because of the tension of these spokes that you’ll need to replace all of them on the side of the one that’s broken. That’s what they told me at All Terrain a couple of weeks ago. They said it’d cost about £40.

markyboy
    Free Member

does your wheel look the same as mine?

mulv1976
    Free Member

You won’t need to replace them all. Two of mine seized in and I had to cut them and drill the nipples out. I replaced them and got my lbs to tension and true them with no issues.

I think its the same but I’ll have to have a closer look tomorrow.

markyboy
    Free Member

great..i need one driveside one non driveside so thats a complete set of spokes. 🙁

markyboy
    Free Member

thanks for the help.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Which ones did you order from pedal on?

markyboy
    Free Member

these ones non drive side

the one that came is pictured above in the middle.i tried slackening the oposing non drive side and its now broken!!!

mulv1976
    Free Member

That’s the same NDS one that I’ve got. I’ll have to measure them tomorrow too and try to post a picture.

I think these wheels are nice but they are a right ball-ache if the spoke nipples seize or get stiff due to corrosion (very common apparently). I was shitting it when I had to drill them out – I had visions of having to order a whole new wheel.

I squirted a load of wd on all the nipples and left for 24 hours before trying to loosen them. Even then the nipples might round off. Squirt some wd on each nipple after each time you wash it too.

markyboy
    Free Member

yes..the nipple tool you get supplied stripped because the nipple was siezed.have tried all the nipples they all seem siezed!!

typical no bike for the week that is probably summer!!

mulv1976
    Free Member

Exactly the same happened to me so I bought one of these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=18081

And then proceeded to crunch two nipples to pieces…

Squirt with wd and leave overnight before you try again. Or just take it to a bike shop.

mulv1976
    Free Member

What’s your email and I’ll send you some pictures?

tall_martin

http://www.247cycleshop.com/

Have loads of spares for mavic, and one of the blokes I talked to had loads of experience with loads of different mavic wheels.

I’ve replaced individual spokes om my crossmax xl’s with no problem.

Martin

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘mavic crossmax st spoke…where from??’ is closed to new replies.