Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mavic Crossmax ST Bearings and Changing bearings
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

is this an easy job on current 2013 > wheels?

ive tried all key words in google for the bearings for the wheels them self (freehub is newish so ok), so literally just after wheel bearings, cannot for the life of me find them online

rickmeister

Loads of kits on ebay.. also try Kaesae at KaTec as he may do some kits… also on ebay..

HTH

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive typed crossmax st on ebay and only found american ones, i have no idea if the bearings are generic across all the mavic range or not?

traildog
    Free Member

I found the bearings in the wheel easy on my SX and I guess it’s the same. I cannot remember which bearings they were, but they have the number written on them. Just searched out some good quality replacements.

The freehub was a bit harder to replace, and the outer bearing was in much worse condition than the wheels. But not a problem if the whole thing is new.

honourablegeorge

CRC do them, they’re labelled as being for the SLRs, but are the same, AFAIK – they were the right ones for my 2012 SXs anyhow

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers guys, yeh i did see the ones on CRC for SLR so email CRC but no response

i would have thought they are all the same anyways, they have been on since april ish time and endure a bad winter so i cant grumble that the rear ones have gone TBH, hopes sometimes last less than that

how easy is it to do it yourself? any special tools?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossmax ST Bearings and Changing bearings’ is closed to new replies.