Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mavic crossmax slr's
  • Bikepimp
    Free Member

These looking amazing and get good reviews. I like the face that you can switch between 9mm q-release and 15mm axle conversion on the front wheel. Anyone riding these as would appricate any feedback postive/negative.

Thanks

Coleman
    Free Member

Have 2 pairs of sl’s and one pair of slr’s and the oldest is circa 2004. All have perfomed faultlessly and all are regularly riddden throughout the year. They are still as true as the day they left the factory and bearings silky smooth. Only maintenance has been to occasionaly re-grease freewheel and bushing.
    Any queries on here usually generates lots of Mavic hate mail but I’ve had no issues with mine.

khani
    Free Member

Not slr’s but I’ve got an old set of xl’s a set of 09 st’s and some 08 sx’s all been problem free and feel very stiff for their weight, and going tubeless is a doddle, the adjustable bearings to take up any play is good too, the st’s are 9-15mm and are easy peasey to convert between the two
    Very good IMO.

peteimpreza

Two sets here. Fantastic wheels.

No reliability issues at all.

onandon
    Free Member

I have a set of SL’s from 2007 which have been ridden for over 3000 miles of XC on the original bearings.
    Not the lightest of wheels but they have been solid and pretty bomb proof if looked after -IE regular free hub cleaning every few hundred miles (10 min job)

I also just picked up a set of 09 SLR’s. not used them yet but no reason they should be any more/less fragile than the SL’s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mavic crossmax slr's’ is closed to new replies.