Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mavic Crossmax Enduro WTS ?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Any thoughts on these wheels – I just bought a capra with them and I’ve never been a fan of having fancy straight pull spokes or mavic hubs so looking at selling them on probably unless I hear nothing but praise..

Any experiences ect? or any thoughts on what they are worth unridden?

Thanks!

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Are these the ones that pop spokes out and dent the rims?

legend
    Free Member

That’s the ones I believe. Tend to be very difficult to get spares for too, which you’ll need with the (weird) weaker rear rim idea.

puffballs
    Free Member

Mine have been fine had them (and the Capra) since May, used at trail centres etc, I was initially worried by their fragility based on some scare stories, but so far have been impressed.
    I paid for the Mavic MP3 protection for some peace of mind just in case.

trusty

Are these the ones fitted to the Capra? 2 friends have them, one trashed the rear rim completely coming up short on a jump, the other is a wheels on the ground xc rider who has still managed to put some fairly impressive dents in the back wheel despite thinking tyres should be at least 35 psi

grubbish
    Free Member

Had mine a year raced enduro and downhill, been to the Alps for a couple of weeks and down the World Cup track at fort William. They’ve taken it all no problem, I have bent a couple of spokes but both due to sticks getting stuck in the wheel. Personally I think they’re a great set of wheels just order some spare spokes as finding someone who stocks them can be a nightmare and you can easily get bearings for them, if you ant the bearing codes let me know.

alexxx
    Free Member

Sounds like a total mixed bag! how heavy are you grubbish?

rickon
    Free Member

Very narrow rear rim, and a prety narrow front rim. There are better wheels out there now – if you really want some Mavics – get the Crossmax XL – they’re the wheels the Enduro should have been.

grubbish
    Free Member

12.5 stone and I ride heavy, certainly not a light rider

paulnorman
    Free Member

Can you buy MP3 insurance from YT Industries then?

puffballs
    Free Member

No, you buy it from Mavic at http://www.mavic-mp3.com/

YT are the Mavic retailer as far as registering goes, you put in their retailer reference number etc.

You’re meant to do it within 5 days of purchase, obviously you can’t do it until you have the wheels as you need to register serial numbers, so you can’t do it at the time you pay YT. I don’t think I’ve read about anyone having any problems registering.

scaled
    Free Member

Get the mp3 insurance and ride them till you trash them, then sell the newly repaired ones.

That’s what I did anyway 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossmax Enduro WTS ?’ is closed to new replies.