Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mavic and Tubeless
  • Dales_rider
    Free Member

Going to try my Mavic XC 717 rims tubeless.

Any one done this whats the pitfalls, valve only or rim strip?
    Any specific tyres to Avoid ?

wwaswas

Rim strip with those. I used a variety of tyres and never had problems beyond the Intense ones that needed steel tyre levers to get them over the rim but that was the same tubed.

wheelie

never had a problem. Used Stan Strip and juice. Have put tyres on without any lubricant.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve done it with a Stans kit,( tape, rubber strip and valve) and it worked fine,
    the only tyres I’ve had problems with we’re Intense non tubeless ready ones where the sealant eventually ate the sidewalls and they exploded..
    But that was ages ago and I don’t think they make em anymore.

ahwiles
    Free Member

mavic 719’s working well with a ghetto setup and on-one tyres.

(after i made a ghetto-bomb) it was all very easy.

Northwind

I did it with BMX tubes and was never really happy with it, lots of problems with burping/rolling off at first, managed to tame it a bit with a LOT of electric tape but even then it wasn’t totally reliable in hard corners unless the pressure was higher than I like. I went back to tubes as punctures are less annoying than crashes!

Don’t doubt I could have made it work but I’d had enough tbh, switched to UST and tubeless ready rims and never looked back.

baznav73
    Free Member

I just used stans tape and valves cut out of old tubes and ran the ust small block eights I had no problems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mavic and Tubeless’ is closed to new replies.