Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mavic Alpine shoe
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

Just about to embark on some light weight touring accross France, but need some new shoes. I was looking at the Mavic Alpines so I can wear them off the bike as well, but was a bit concerned about how flexible they are as we’ll be hitting quite big miles. Anyone have any experience of them?

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Not those specifically but do have a pair of specialized tahoe for the casual rides (read pub).

Find them very comfortable, and stiff enough for their intended use on the bike, and the cleats are deep enough to not make to much of a racket when walking about.

Basil

wearing the Switchback shoes for a year.Similiar shoe with different fastening.
    Very comfortable. Great sole with lots of grip. I think they look not ridiculous off the bike. Stiff enough for cycling but flexible enough off the bike to aviod penguine walking.
    Recommend apart from the price point.

Mackem

I’d just take some nice sandals for the off-bike mooching. Next to no weight and your feet will thank you.

fourbanger
    Free Member

To be honest, 100 miles a day for five days isn’t going to result in much off the bike. I might just stick with xc shoes and flipflops.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Alpine shoe’ is closed to new replies.