Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mavic Aksiums for Cyclocross
  • Jase
    Free Member

Just got my daughter a new cyclocross bike and it came with the original Islabike wheels that have been used for CX and some Mavic Aksiums that were used for road and in as new condition.

The bike will only be used for cx and the Mavic’s are no doubt better quality/lighter than the Islabike wheels so was thinking about using these for cx.

Any views on whether they’ll be suitable (I know they won’t explode into a million bits)? FWIW my daughter is 10.

Cheers

Jason.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I used a pair for my first cross season and they held up perfectly well and I am 6’2. In fact I still use them as training wheels. They are a bit heavy that’s all.

IHN

Yep, used ’em, no issues.

Jase
    Free Member

cheers both.

Aidan
    Free Member

I used them for a winter and the spokes all started giving up by February or so. But, I’m probably a lot heavier than your 10-year old and I was hammering the crap out of them.

For your intended use they’ll be perfect.

beanum

Slight thread hijack I know but what tyres do you guys run on them? I’m not planning on CX racing but will be going off road with my Aksiums and wondered how wide a tyre they will safely take..?

seanbolton
    Free Member

I have ridden Mavic Aksiums in cyclo-cross races for the last two seasons. No problems, solid wheels, they will be fine.

For tyres, I have used Challenge Grifo and Specialized Terra Pro’s, all 32/33mm, with no problems on these rims.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Aksiums for Cyclocross’ is closed to new replies.