Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mavic 719's – drilling out inner rim for Stans kit ?
  • iainc

– do I need to do this and enlarge inner valve hole ?

Instructions say I should, some online stuff says leave as is….

Hopefully getting around to it this weekend – I have the proper Stans kit, and will be using existing Spesh Purgatory Bliss tyres.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i did it once because i thought i needed to. I didn’t do it on the next set of tn719s and they were fine.

iainc

great, thanks, mine are 26’ers, XM719’s but same holes I expect.

onewheelgood

You mean the kit with the rubber rim strip? I fitted this on 719s and I did do the drilling. It’s been a couple of years now with no problems, Ground Control 2-Bliss tyres. So I can’t tell you if you have to do it, but I can say that it doesn’t seem to have done any harm.

iainc

^^^ thanks, yes, same kit

iainc

ok, will give it a go without drilling first, but I have the right sized drill in case… Thanks all

iainc

Well that was pretty simple, ended up drilling them incase. Used the proper Stans kit, left original rim tape on, went up first time with Schwalbe Tire Booster, Stans sealant in via syringe, pumped up to about 45 psi and they are holding so far. Can’t really go for a ride as 3 week post hernia op, so will just spin the wheels a few times a day for now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mavic 719's – drilling out inner rim for Stans kit ?’ is closed to new replies.