Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • mavic 717 or 719 ?
  • iainc

Currently have 717’s on 100mm hard tail and 2.1 tyres. Looking at going to a Soul with 120mm travel and poss bigger tyres on occasion – Mavic website suggests I should go to 719’s ?

I weigh about 12.5 stone and don’t get in the air if I can avoid it !

nicko74

717s would be fine – I’ve run 2.35s on there – but the wider rim would certainly help.

On that basis, have you considered something like a Crest or Arch EX?

iainc

Thanks Nicko. I am used to mavic’s so not thought about others yet. Will be a hope built wheel set.

MartynS

I’ve got 717’s on my inbred and 719’s on the Full sus, both with nobby nic 2.25.

I don’t really noticea Differnce in the tyre profiles, and there both strong rims
    I know some think 719 are a bit soft and dent easily however I was warned away from stans rims for the exact same reason.

If you have 717 already just bung on some bigger tyres and see what happens….

Vinte
    Free Member

Hi Iain. I’ve got some nearly new 719s rims sitting around doing nothing. Let me know if you are interested. I’ve Just swapped to Arch ex for ease of tube less.

iainc

Thanks, it is a new wheelset for a new bike so keeping or punting the current 717’s on existing bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘mavic 717 or 719 ?’ is closed to new replies.