Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maverick Speedball servicing
  • lcj

I've just acquired one of these and it's apathy in going up and down suggests it wants a service.

Now I've read that Maverick no longer make these, and that there are compatibility problems with using Crank Bros service parts.

So does anyone know the score? Is there someone who can supply the necessary seals and brass bits, or should I just do what I can with the post as it is and accept it?

Cheers all

monkeyboy
    Free Member

Me too, then it collapsed, oil came out all over the place, what the "^$F% do i do, Have you had any joy in servicing?

lcj

Not yet, I haven't been able to touch the bike this week. I'm going to have a stab at the instructions here when I've got hold of the right socket and will report back.

neil853
    Free Member

easy enought o servive if a ittle fiddly when replacing the oil. Spare parts however are like hens teeth as crank bros bits no longer fit. Mine is just a very expensive paper weight now 🙄

heihei

If you have oil problems, the Mav instructions aint going to help you. When I tried last year I couldn't find anyone to service it. Mine an expensive paperweight too!

monkeyboy
    Free Member

I have phoned around and other than send them to Dirtlabs in America or back to Crank Brothers for a replacement for 125 dollars and postage ain't nowt can do. Question is do I get a new adjustable post and which one, any recommendations?

mikeyd
    Free Member

If any of you would like to rid yourselves of said **** seatposts I'm interested for my spares bin.

E-mail in profile,

Regards

Mike

baronspudulike
    Free Member

If its just in need of a service you can easily take the slieve off, by unscrewing the top seal bit and undoing the nut at the bottom inside the post, and clean and oil the bushes. Then fully compress the post and make sure it has 70psi pressure using a shox pump. re-build and cycle it up and down a few times. Should work fine then.

batman11
    Free Member

Check bike radar. Mbuk did a service guide for these posts about 15/18 months ago so it might be on there.
    Bats.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maverick Speedball servicing’ is closed to new replies.