Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maverick SC32 tuning/service question
  • BluePalomino
    Free Member

I have stripped & cleaned my SC 32 forks in order to re-tune them to my weight. Put the forks back together according to the Maverick specs with correct weight oil etc. I think a problem has occured though – the Air Spring side of the forks now seems to have less travel (e.g. less leg tubing showing) than it did previous to my tuning. Now i can't work this out – did i do something wrong? or was the fork not set up right before? 😕
    Anyone with Maverick fork tuning experience? I have a few techie questions – e.g. when i stripped the air spring side down there was a rubber bushing between the spring tube seal head and the schrader valve. According to the Maverick parts details for the forks this bushing should not have been there but should be inside the spring tube?! Any ideas before i contact Maverick. Hoping to ride tomorrow morning 🙂

TrevorB

The rubber bumper should be on the outside of the piston assy, this is to stop metal on metal if you bottom the fork. There is also a rubber bumper in the damper side, also on the outside to equalise the support under bottom out.
    Have you changed the oil in the damper? The oil level is important, so is the air pressure in the damper.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Correct, the drawing shows the "bottom bumper" on top of the negative spring inside the air spring cartridge, but without stripping one of my pairs, I can't confirm one way or another, sorry I can't be of more help.

Dibbs
    Free Member

This may help:-
    Maverick

BluePalomino
    Free Member

@ dibbs & trevorB
    The Maverick documentation does seem to show the bumber inside the air spring cartridge, but mine was outside the cartridge acting as (like Dibbs said) a bumber between the air spring cartridge and the top of the upper leg. Actually i have now found other documentation that does seem to show a bumber where Dibbs says it should be! thanks guys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maverick SC32 tuning/service question’ is closed to new replies.