Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • maverick monolink bushes
  • RickSpangle
    Free Member

Some advice please from anyone who knows about Mavericks. I ride a 2008 Durance twice a week on the chase. Only cross country trails (prepared and natural) covering 25-30 miles per week. Bike always cleaned down. Had all the suspension bushes replaced early march 2010.

The bushes in the monolink assy have gone again. I accept fair wear and tear, but this does seem like premature failure.

How long should they last?

beaker

Bushes or cartridge bearings? I've just changed the lower monolink bearings on my ML7 and they were bearings. E mail Ethan at Maverick, I have several times in the past, he's always been helpfull. His e mail is
    ethan at maverickbike dot com

Good luck!

sheldona
    Free Member

They are cartridge bearings not bushes in the monolink. Mine were lasting no time at all until I changed to Phil Wood bearings, they've been in there a while now with no problems.

RickSpangle
    Free Member

Thanks beaker.
    Probably bearings tbh. Tim at Sideways not in today to ask. Just trying to find out a bit more in the meantime.
    How long do yours last?

RickSpangle
    Free Member

Ayatollahofniche.
    Where do you buy the Phil Wood bearings from and how easy are they to change?

beaker

I got my ML last november and I don't think the bearings ever had been changed. Changing the bearing involoves removing the shock, monolink and rear triangle. Knock the the old bearings out as best you can (I used a screwdriver and hammered from the opposite side). To replace them I used a vice to slowly press them back in.

sheldona
    Free Member

Rick, easy to change as beaker says above. I bought mine on line in the States, just find out what size the bearings are and order them. I can't remember what size they are now but if I find out I'll post back.

RickSpangle
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice.

Merlinman

Tim has them in stock usually

beaker

You need 6001 sealed cartridge bearings. Go for SKF or INA ones. I'm aware that recommending sealed bearings may provoke some sort of debate, argument or mass brawl therefore this is purely my own opinion and neither right or wrong. I'm in no way related to or work for a certain bearing supplying individual who appears on this forum……

beaker

You need 6001 sealed cartridge bearings. Go for SKF or INA ones. I'm aware that recommending sealed bearings may provoke some sort of debate, argument or mass brawl therefore this is purely my own opinion and neither right or wrong. I'm in no way related to or work for a certain bearing supplying individual who appears on this forum……

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘maverick monolink bushes’ is closed to new replies.