Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Maverick ml8, Yeti 575, Foes XCT 5, which one? or alternatives?
  • aviemoron
    Free Member

ML8 info asked about a week or so ago – as an ex owner I commented on there (as did another ex owner, bike shop mechanic, who rides a lot of bikes).

Paceman
    Free Member

Pace RC405 would be worth a demo with the others.

duckman

A vote for the H/L 5 spot here,with 5.5 rocker.IMO better than Orange 5 or 575, which I have owned. But at 16 stone I found the 575 a bit flexy.Orange was good mind.

charliemort

people talking about 575 being flexy – are you referring to the new or old “knuckle” version ?

mcboo
    Free Member

For all day riding even on big stuff I’d honestly look no further than a nice Ti hardtail, maybe a Cotic Soda or in my case a 456. Have had a lot of back problem myself but can ride the On-One all day long. Just did a big trip to the Lakes, was really the perfect bike. Also have a Blur LT which I love a lot but dont honestly ride so much now.

Like the guys say, go demo a few, take your time.

nick1c
    Free Member

If You liked the Helius why not talk to them about a custom frame?

BadlyWiredDog

I like the Pace RC405 a lot. I actually own an ML7 as well, but it rarely sees the light of day now, the Pace climbs just as well if not better and kicks its butt pretty much everywhere else. Sorry. And even as a Maverick owner, I have to – belatedly – admit that it’s pig ugly no matter how well it functions.

It’s probably off to Maverick owner hell to me now – sorry Ego – but there, I’ve said it 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

And even as a Maverick owner, I have to – belatedly – admit that it’s pig ugly no matter how well it functions.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, from the moment I first set eyes on a Maverick I wanted one, though I knew it would take years to afford one! And then I rode one, and wanted one even more!

Not ridden the Pace RC405, but have seen a couple in the flesh. They’re very much form follows function just like a Maverick, but in my opinion, in a very much more industrial way. I don’t think they’re ugly, but I don’t lust after one like I did the Maverick.

Mavericks are definite “Marmite” bikes though, you either love them or hate them with pretty much no feelings inbetween. I don’t bother trying to convince people how good they are if they don’t like the look of them, because it’s already a lost cause…

BadlyWiredDog

I like riding the Maverick, but it’s still not an attractive bike. The Pace looks pretty much like what it is, the front half of a hardcore-ish hardtail with a suspended rear triangle bolted to it. I never said the Pace was attractive though, just that the Maverick is pig ugly. In particular, the seat tube angle is an enduring crime against aesthetics.

If you fell in love with a Maverick because of rather than in spite of the looks then that’s just plain weird. They ride great, but the looks? Vomit…

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Maverick ml8, Yeti 575, Foes XCT 5, which one? or alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.