Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mauve stinger jellyfish v stinging nettles.
  • zippykona

What’s worse?
    I don’t intend to find out so when I snorkel I wear a hat and a long sleeve rash vest (also good sun protection). Also have back up of gloves and cycling leg warmers.
    Today the bay had a moderate amount of jellyfish in and even though visible from the shore people were still going in in just their trunks. I was hooking as many out onto the rocks as I could with my flippers. Last year we had little kids bawling their eyes out after being stung.
    So on the stinging nettle index how much does a jellyfish sting hurt?

maccruiskeen

So on the stinging nettle index how much does a jellyfish sting hurt?

I think you need to find out. Get stung by as many nettles and jellyfish as you like then write your own review

The you can name it The ZippyKona Jellyfish Sting Pain Index

Just like this fella

Schmit Pain Index

Hot and smoky, almost irreverent. Imagine WC Fields extinguishing a cigar on your tongue.

Houns

I was stung by a jellyfish as a kid (just one of those disc shaped ones with four square erm things in them) I screamed the beach down

I like nettle stings

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Swimming in Cyprus a few years back, I thought it was salt into the various scrapes and scratches I’d attained. Got out of the water and I had many stripes like I’d been whipped. Antihistamine, crack on.

No serious discomfort, although the stripes took a long time to go

Dickyboy

Ditto got stung off the coast of corsica a few years back, doused with vinegar and the pain went later that day but jelly fish imprint on my arm took weeks to dissappear – overall pain 5 to 10x nettle sting?

Matt24k
    Free Member

All depends on what type of Jelly Fish. Some are mild irritations, some are deadly.
    Given the choice I would go for the light weight version of the Jelly over a nettle. If it were a Box Jelly Fish, I’d jump in a bed of nettles to avoid a “negative interaction”.

iamtheresurrection

Like Houns, I really quite like nettle stings, I’m still tingling from last nights ride on the hands (would have thought they weren’t that effective by now, they were). Don’t seek them out, mind…

Got last stung by a jelly fish in Majorca a few years ago, on the arm. Hurt like **** in comparison: didn’t like at all.

Edit. Wife was also stung. She reminded my how we felt, like the pain was cold and travelling up the arm. Didn’t feel nice at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mauve stinger jellyfish v stinging nettles.’ is closed to new replies.