Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mattresses again – Open coil?
  • Earl
    Free Member

Looking for a new King mattress for Mrs Earl and I.

Is there any reason to be looking at open coil these (besides price…)

The reason I ask is that our current Hypnos 3500 pocket mattress has turned into a noodle after 3 years so its put me off a bit.

chris_db
    Free Member

Give my next door neighbour Carl a call – his website is http://www.bedguru.co.uk very helpful chap in all things sleep related!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Hypnos carry a 10yr guarantee from a quick google. Why aren’t you exploring that route?

Earl
    Free Member

Can’t find any proof of purchase…. my fault.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Credit card statement or bank statement? Surely it’s worth a phone call to enquire regardless.

Earl
    Free Member

Neither – Moved house recently – big cleanout.

But I’ll give them a call – can’t hurt.

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you sleep alone (If that’s not too personal)? With open coil you will feel the movements of your sleeping partner.

Earl
    Free Member

Nope- wife in the bed – and I’m the one who moves twists and turns all night. So I guess that answers the question for me.

Just had look at some bed sites – zip king (i.e. 2 small singles zipped ) seams to be a option – be it a bit pricier. Complete isolation. I remember some dutch friends had this.

ajantom

How much are you willing to pay?

We shop tested loads a few years back and in the end splurged on a Tempur Cloud mattress.
    Cost about £1400 – it was in the sale, and we managed to get a couple of their memory foam pillows thrown in (normally £90 each!) along with the mattress and pillow protectors.

Expensive, but I’ve not slept so well in years. My wife was suffering really badly from lower back pain, and this seems to have sorted it out. I’m a night-time tosser(!) and turner, and she doesn’t moan about that anymore either.

If you figure it should last 8-10 years then £140ish pounds a year for sleeping like a baby is well worth it.

*edit* and Furniture Village did it for 0% finance with a 30% deposit. So the cost seemed a bit more bearable.

edhornby

John Lewis pocket sprung in our house – very comfy always a good night sleep

daveh
    Free Member

zip king (i.e. 2 small singles zipped ) seams to be a option

After a short lived pocket sprung mattress, then traditional open spring, I’ve concluded that would be a good way forward. Haven’t actually made the purchase though. I guess it depends whether spooning is the order of the day, I/we like our own space!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mattresses again – Open coil?’ is closed to new replies.