Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mattress Toppers
  • brassneck

Any opinions on good ones? Have a ‘memory foam’ (I’m not sure it isn’t just ‘foam’) one that is OK but seems to be overly hot and gets uncomfortable unless it’s turned every day. Seen a few alternate materials floating about, but what are people using and can recommend? I’ll start with price unimportant and quickly withdraw that as soon as I hear the price 🙂

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

This–http://www.dunelm.com/product/teddy-bear-mattress-enhancer-1000031436
    Had one of the memory foam ones and it was expensive and uncomfortable–this one is cheap and ace

globalti
    Free Member

Memory foam is the biggest con ever foisted on a gullible public – create a story, charge lots so it must be better, right?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I guess it depends on the topper, stayed at my parents shortly after surgery to my collarbone. I could only sleep on my back due to the surgery, they had some sort of soft topper which they said was really comfortable. I woke up at 3 in the morning with my back in agony and had to sleep sat up for the rest of the night. Moved the next day to another house with a comfortable sofa bed.

Don’t really see the point of them anyhows, unless you’re trying to raise the height of the bed. wouldn’t you be better off just buying a good mattress?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Davey Down. good stuff, not that expensive, awesome service. greatfor Duvets too.

Cougar

wouldn’t you be better off just buying a good mattress?

That was my thought. Decent mattress plus a “mattress protector” if you’re so inclined (sweaty), no need for a ‘topper’ unless your mattress is crap to start with.

brassneck

The mattress is fine, just a bit hard for her ladyship. Seems pointless to replace a full mattress for the sake of making it a little softer, and another layer of protection to an expensive mattress doesn’t hurt.

I couldn’t see the point of any protection till one rather hurried birth 😯

DaRC_L

We have one of these woollen lovelies as I’m a sweaty bugger and it works really well in summer & winter

dooosuk
    Free Member

I can 2nd Baavet products. We have their winter and summer duvets and find them brilliant. Check the Bargain corner before paying full price.

brassneck

Davey Down and Baavet look just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mattress Toppers’ is closed to new replies.