Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Matterley Basin MXGP
  • mark88

Is anyone going? or been before?

If so, what’s it like getting in and out on race day? I’ve heard there was ridiculous congestion a couple of years ago. If there is somewhere to lock the bike, would it be worth cycling there?

pondo

Haven’t been since 2012, and I don’t want to sound all party-poopery but I’m not likely to be going back any time soon. Track’s all right but no atmosphere (I honestly think it’s a product of the TV-friendly open tracks, where you can see all the track from pretty much anywhere (and 4 strokes, of course)), you weren’t allowed to take beer into the circuit (although you could of course buy it from their bars). I would imagine cycling in would be a really good idea, inevitably there’ll be thousands all leaving at the same time so the queues can be pretty bad. Even though it’s not my cup of tea any more, I hope you have a great time. 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Queues can be awful but think they have fixed that with some creative thinking, not going as don’t like the place but going to Maggiora in June for Italian round.

Villopoto is out as is Searle so Brits will be cheering on Anstie and Simpson support races should be good.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I went in 2011 and it was easy to get out no problem.Few years back it was a nightmare took an hour to get out.They have a better system now in one way out another.I think its a great track see loads from any spot.Not to keen on Donnington.Loved the days of Hawkstone/Farleigh castle and David Thorpe etc lot cheaper to get in then Hay Ho.Not sure I fancy locking my bike up there bit risky lots of people with vans with plenty of tools in them.

mark88

Thanks for the replies.
    My mate is driving so final decision will be placed on him!
    My last big MX race was Supercross at Vegas so this is always going to struggle to compete, but fingers crossed Simpson can get in the mix to get the crowd going.

Jason
    Free Member

Going tomorrow as well. I have never been to a MX race before, but my wife won some VIP tickets a couple of weeks ago, so looking forward to it.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Well you have picked a great first MX to go to see the best in the World.Your love it.Flying motorbikes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Matterley Basin MXGP’ is closed to new replies.