Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Matt Walker for British Cycling's Rider of the Year, (with your help)
  • blastit
    Free Member

Please give him a vote as he is a top guy and rather good going downhill fast.
    vote here

blastit
    Free Member

to the top please

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

More of a Tom Pidcock fan myself.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Have to back Tom. Never heard of the other chap

peteimpreza

“More of a Tom Pidcock fan myself. “

Ditto

Rorschach
    Free Member

Matt is a proper nice lad and a hell of a rider.Still voted for Tom P though.

dragon
    Free Member

Annie Last for me, winning a women’s Elite WC is an amazing achievement.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Katie Archibald gets my vote, great rider and I sometimes see her on my commute. I’m sure the chap mentioned is nice and all but I’ve never heard of him.

atlaz
    Free Member

Tom Pidcock for me too. An incredible year.

sillyoldman

Bit weird that so many people who frequent an MTB magazine forum have never heard of the current UCI Junior DH World Champion – especially as he’s from the UK.

TiRed

Alice Laithwaite this year for me. I know time trials are not BC’s thing. But this year Alice has nailed it.

Who else beat a 50 year record?

Tom would be my second choice.

EDIT. Voted for Sophie because Corrine is in my club, was discovered by our coach at a school and was a world champion in her own right. She also races in TCC colours 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have zero interest in downhill, or any mountain bike racing for that matter.

njee20
    Free Member

Bit weird that so many people who frequent an MTB magazine forum have never heard of the current UCI Junior DH World Champion – especially as he’s from the UK.

No it’s not. It’s a niche of a niche part of a ‘sport’ people on here have an interest in. Do you know who the reigning bicycle polo world champion is?

I’ve never heard of the reigning women’s 4-cross world champion either until I read an article about her earlier.

sillyoldman

Live (and popular) Redbull coverage says it’s not particularly niche – in terms of viewing rather than participation. Neither 4-Cross nor Polo enjoy the same following.

dragon
    Free Member

Also Finn Iles is the big name in the junior men’ DH.

blastit
    Free Member

Also Finn Iles is the big name in the junior men’ DH.

He’s not British though !

qwerty
    Free Member

Annie Last here too. So much more than her prestigious UCI XCO World Cup win. 2nd in the Cape Epic & the UCI XCO World Championships, all from coming back from a potentially career ending injury, has spent the last few years getting back on track with a small but perfectly formed UK based race team (OMX Pro). Be great to see what she achieves in 2018/19, OMX have set the benchmark high in getting her there, let’s hope BC can continue her success.

dragon
    Free Member

I didn’t say he was, as he’s Canadian, but he’s miles out in front of Matt Walker.

avdave2

Many of us have no interest at all in at a sport to watch or follow.

hatter

Crikey we’re spoilt these days, when I started MTB we went mad every time a British MTB’er won a world cup.

Now we have a lad win the Junior words and nobody bats an eyelid.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

One million times this. As far as I’m concerned sport is something you do, not watch.
    I couldn’t give a shot who the CUI

thegeneralist
    Free Member

One million times this. As far as I’m concerned sport is something you do, not watch.
    I couldn’t give a shit who the UCI DH champ is.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s a bit “you drive a car so why don’t you know who the BriSCA Formula 1 Stock Cars World Champion is” 😀

simondbarnes

I’d not heard of him as I don’t follow DH racing (or any MTB racing FWIW). I voted for Tom who has been very impressive.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Sorry to his fans but its downhill, junior and not on telly. Why should people know if like me those facts have no interest. Dead pleased that he has succeeded but its in something that has no interest to me.

steve_b77
    Free Member
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Matt Walker for British Cycling's Rider of the Year, (with your help)’ is closed to new replies.