Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Matt Page
  • valleydaddy
    Free Member

he’s only gone and won the UK & European 24hr Solo Championships what a lad 😀

singlespeedstu

And Dan the 5th took the ss title and 5th overall. 8)

Congrats to the vole for taking the win though. And another congrats to Dr evil for taking third place overall.

amt27
    Free Member

most polite overtakerer at wiggle 6, credit to mtbing

Oggles
    Free Member

I can’t open the 24 results, anyone else having this problem?

Tried Numbers/Google Docs/iPhone…

Ambrose

Huw did OK too- 2nd in the 12hrs category. Well done guys, respect.

MrSparkle

Terrahawk 4th in seniors, 5th overall despite a prang.

tollah
    Free Member

Takes hat off to all that rode through that crappy night weather and finished, top work!

stevemakin

Watching Mat from the timing tent throughout the night I would say that his performance in the race was an exercise in perfection, he always looked in control on the bike, pacing his effort perfectly to get back on after an early puncture and then pulling the trigger just at the right time to ride away from Ant and Josh.

The whole race was a pleasure to watch, the fast people trying hard, the rest of the field showing true grit in the face of very testing conditions, most folk keeping their sense of humour intact, better than I at 6am after 30 hours of sleeplessness :-/

Well done to all riders and the event organisers,Sara and Paul from SIP Events

Ambrose

That was a nice comment.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

+1 what Ambrose said 😀 good to hear positive feedback

Drac

Steve sums it up well, sitting in the timing tent was made a pleasure watching riders like Matt show what the difference between a good rider and an a pure athlete is. His times through the early hours in truly dreadful conditions were just incredible as where many riders in all categories. Then there those characters smiling, shouting out their numbers and just thoroughly enjoying themselves.

Add to that the amount of people coming up to Paul, Sara, Rock UK and the timing tent thanking everyone for their help and praising the event was inspirational of course Matt being one of them with a well deserved ear to ear grin.

Well I think I’ll get some sleep now was great seeing old friends, meeting and watching so many riders and making new friends. Another cracking event by SIP events.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Heroic effort by all. Matt demonstrating why he is a professional athlete.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Matt Page’ is closed to new replies.