Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Matt Baker presenting gymnastics..
  • jools182
    Free Member

Is there no escape from this berk?

giant_scum
    Free Member

Nope, he is omni-present.
    Pretty sure he was a competitive gymnast as a yoot!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

as above – unlike other irriating TV front-people he did at least participate in the sport

grahamt1980

Does it not come across as a little bit too school pe teacher

bikebouy
    Free Member

You should be watching stage 20 of the Giro, not a game of pouncing around on rubber mats 🙄

jools182
    Free Member

Ahh I didn’t know he used to compete

Still, he seems to be bloody everywhere, along with Kate Humble

dvatcmark
    Free Member

He’s gone a long way since being a 70s dancer in Cleethorpes pier on a Wednesday night in the 90s

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Matt Baker is like Rachel Riley giving you an oily back rub compared to Ortis Deley’s Channel 4 athletics commentary. They seem to have pulled most of the YouTube clips so just search for toe curling car crash TV instead.

granny_ring

oooh Rachel Riley……. 🙂

Northwind

giant_scum – Member

Pretty sure he was a competitive gymnast as a yoot!

Yup, definitely qualified. I like him tbh, sure he’s a bit too ubiquitous but basically he can present on anything he’s interested in or has tried his hand at, which is a lot of stuff. Also he almost made David Cameron shit his pants that time.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I like him, why not? He doesn’t come across as a knob AFAIC. He’s from a Durham farming family, went to a comprehansive school & has done ok. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Baker_(presenter)
    Envious anyone?

gobuchul
    Free Member

I’ve met him and he spent a night on the drink with me and some others.

He’s a good bloke and not up himself at all. Very “likeable” and down to earth.

He was a competitive gymnast when he was younger as well.

teef
    Free Member

It’s better than Clare Balding presenting it – mind you that ain’t difficult…

Ewan
    Free Member

How can you hate Matt Baker? He’s such a nice man! He’s about an inoffensive as sliced bread.

Plus as above, he’s done the sport so fair play.

convert

You must have a lot of hate in you extends as far as Matt Baker.

jools182
    Free Member

I don’t recall saying that I hate Matt Baker

Ewan has it, he’s like the TV equivalent of white sliced bread

I don’t hate Kate Humble either, but she does grate

Clare Balding on the other hand 😀

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Nobody can hate Matt Baker, he’s a canny lad, who loves his mum, baby lambs, fluffy teddy bears and wears a lovely cardigan.
    I just wish he’d do something bad/edgy like swear on TV by mistake or something.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member
    I’ve met him and he spent a night on the drink with me and some others

did he drink just a half a lukewarm shandy with some lime in it?
    😆

jamj1974

I think he is a pretty decent presenter and fair play to him for making the most of the opportunities he has had. I think what gets to some people is when someone is almost constantly on the television and ‘oversaturates’ it. Too much of a good thing can be tiresome.

convert

I think he is a pretty decent presenter and fair play to him for making the most of the opportunities he has had. I think what gets to some people is when someone is almost constantly on the television and ‘oversaturates’ it. Too much of a good thing can be tiresome.

As I understand it Mr Baker is on the One Show, Countryfile and the occasional bit of gymnastics commentary. If you have enough time in your life to watch enough of that lot to OD on the indomitable Mr Baker, I would be more inclined to take a long hard look at your own life than wring your hands at the vanillaness of the aforementioned presenter 😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

I like him, why not?

Because if you look close enough, you an actually make out the wet behind his ears.

Even Mrs Slim finds him irritatingly soppy, and I can count on one hand the amount of people I’ve heard her criticise.
    BBC played a super top trump card in combining his powers with that Welsh sap on the one show (shudders). I can barely type ‘one show’ without shuddering. (Shudders). Eugh.

convert

BBC played a super top trump card in combining his powers with that Welsh sap on the one show (shudders). I can barely type ‘one show’ without shuddering. (Shudders). Eugh.

But why would you worry who presents the One Show? Even considering watching the one show is an admittance that life is pretty much over and you are but one step on god’s tramulator from your final destination. It’s the middle class equivalent of the Jeremy Kyle Show as an indicator that life has reached rock bottom.

molgrips
    Free Member

When I was a kid Wogan was on the telly at 7pm every day. Cheesy as the One Show is, it’s actually got some content, and is a big improvement imo.

Ewan
    Free Member

Plus, let us not forget this. Matt’s smirk when he asks the question and the look in Cameron’s eyes are amazing.

[video]https://youtu.be/VbcACpriZ9s[/video]

martymac

It was only when i watched that clip I realised who matt baker actually is.
    I was thinking of danny baker.

I just couldn’t imagine danny baker doing gymnastics tbh.

MSP

He’s no Richard Bacon.

jamj1974

I would be more inclined to take a long hard look at your own life than wring your hands at the vanillaness of the aforementioned presenter

That doesn’t bother me too much! 😉 I don’t watch TV enough to have seen all of what he presents or even regularly see one of his programmes. I was speculating on what is likely to bother others. 😀

Bunnyhop

I’m a huge fan of Matt Baker.
    He puts everything into anything he tries.
    A farmers son (farmer himself) so is qualified to be presenting countryfile. Was a champion gymnast in his youth.
    An all round decent, nice family man.
    I’m fed up off dick head, show off idiots on the telly. He’s definitely not one.

Oh did I mention very easy on the eye too.

slimjim78
    Free Member

He’s a sap.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Matt Baker presenting gymnastics..’ is closed to new replies.