Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Mate needs a full sus frame on the cheap…
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

He booked to come to Andorra with us in June this year so is after a full sus frame to suit 130mm forks.

Probably will strip his Dialled PA for the holiday and bolt it to a full bouncer.

Anyone recommend a suitable frame he could look at?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the PA?

bigjim

Hmm I have a 2007 large Trance frame sitting in a box, only 100mm rear travel though.

richmtb

Buy my Blur LT.

Its on the bay currently

munrobiker
    Free Member

You want something unusual that hasn’t got a particularly high resale value as people haven’t heard of it.

I have a friend who has a Chumba Evo which is ugly as sin, but rides beautifully and while it’s about 3 or 4 years old she only used it for a year before getting a Cube Fritzz. She’d probably sell that for quite a small amount and you’ll recoup all of it.

_tom_
    Free Member

Look for a used heckler, think they come up pretty cheap and santa cruz are always a fun ride 🙂

trebord
    Free Member

I got a Pipedream Torero 5.5 in M/L.
    Would sell frame alone if that’s all needed.
    Check my history for info and pics.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the PA

nothing but we are hoping for it to be quite DH orientated and it is orange coloured.

Hmm I have a 2007 large Trance frame sitting in a box, only 100mm rear travel though.

he’s about 5ft 8″ small or medium would suit.

bowie278
    Free Member

I’ve got a Norco Fluid with Fox Float R shock that I’ve got no interest in anymore as I got a new bike yesterday. It’s a medium, so about 17″ I think. Lovely frame, I just wanted a hardtail.

Edit – I had it with 130mm RS forks and worked well.

bubs

Is he tall? If so I have XL old style Cannondale Jekyll (dirt cheap), 2006 20inch Orange 5 (cheapish but with nice shock) and large Cotic Hemlock (less cheap) frames gathering dust in my shed. Didn’t see sizing – doh.

somafunk

A brand new 2011 Zesty 514 frame with shock any good?, i think it’s a small but maybe a medium. £600?

Identical to this one

Or i have a complete Lapierre DH720 2011 in small to get shot off for a mate as it’s too much bike for him and not really been used, it’s been regularly serviced by myself and well looked after. I’ve got it on my workstand at the moment as i’m stripping it down, checking over and cleaning everything and rebuilding it back up to go on ebay or the classifieds on here

£1150,

Same as this below

brooess
    Free Member
    kja78
    Free Member

2012 Trek Fuel EX5 frame any good? 16.5 actual, 17.5 virtual. Able to handle a 130mm fork.

makeitorange
    Free Member

Got an old Marin Wolfridge frame sitting the garage, would be great for what you want although is design for 140mm upfront:

si-wilson
    Free Member

How cheap?

vondally
    Free Member

Munrobiker

could you drop me a line on

vondally At googlemail dot com re the Chumba please

tentative eqnuiry

Thanks

coolhandluke
    Free Member

He’s sort of going down the route of buying a full sus bike complete sp as not to strip his gopping orange Dialled PA.

Must be temptingly cheap.

Suggestions I have out to him are:

Spesh Pitch
    Commecal meta 5.5
    Old shape Enduro

Wot else I could add?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’ve got a medium Meta 5.5 frame and shock going cheap. Black, 2008. Email in profile for details.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Got lots of bits too so could probably help with a part built.

He could share wheels between bikes to save costs.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I sold my 2007 Heckler frame for 250 superb fun bike. They’re always about.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Gravity Slave, I will pass on your email.

Trekster

Kona Dawg/Coiler?

Took my ’05 Dawg to Chatel last year. Admittedly it is better on xc than the DH stuff but managed a few of the easier hd runs al the way over to Les Get and back 😆

Could get a cheapo new on crc 💡

ianv
    Free Member

The Lapierre DH bike would be a good bet if its in good nick, its certainly good value. It would deffo be fun in Andorra and he could probably sell it on afterwards for not much depreciation.

You can get by on 130mm at Valnord but on the harder tracks 200mm is way better!

thegman67

You still got the Norco Fluid bowie728. My email in my profile

mark90
    Free Member

16″ early Patriot frame here that I stripped to build my PA

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Spesh pitch here if interested? It is a large though.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Mate needs a full sus frame on the cheap…’ is closed to new replies.