Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • mate found unconscious at side of road.
  • wwaswas

Guy I work with was found at midnight on Friday, unconscious at the side of the road with his bike beside him.

No one’s sure how long he’d been there and he’s still in hospital and a bit dazed and confused so not making much sense.

Bugger and get well soon Mark.

Sad end to the weekend 🙁

matther01
    Free Member

Hope he’s alright.

At least when my mate was hit they had the decency to put him and the bike in the car and take him to A&E and then wait for the cops.

I take it he hadnt been to the pub?

wwaswas

I really don’t know more than the above, tbh, so not sure if it was post pub ride home or he’d been out for an evening ride and had been laying there for a while.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matther01
    Free Member

Either way fingers crossed he’s suffered no lasting damage

matt_outandabout

🙁

jamj1974

Hope he is ok!

unklehomered
    Free Member

🙁 and 😕 for your mate, and the circumstances respectively.

lazybike
    Free Member

Hope he gets well soon, we’ve had 4 reported assaults on riders here in SE Essex, same MO… hit with a lump of wood from a moving car…

Bunnyhop

Thank goodness the nights have been warm. Had this been in the winter the outcome come be much worse.

Hope he gets better very soon.

jeb

X my fingers.

chiefgrooveguru

Awful, where was this?

pingu66
    Free Member

Hope he makes a full recovery and is back out riding soon.

wwaswas

In Brighton Alex, not sure where – guy I spoke to didn’t say and I didn’t want to press for details. I was a bit shocked too.

solarpowered
    Free Member

Hope he gets better soon! How awful….. X

wwaswas

Had a bit of an update from someone who went to see him last night.

He’s got some facial injuries and a broken jaw and is on a lot of pain relief.

He’s still not wholly ‘himself’ (but that may just be the drugs etc), he is sat up and feeding himself and able to converse so hopefully prognosis is good.

Conan257
    Free Member

…and how’s the bike?

Well someone had to say it!

Glad he seems to be on the mend.

wwaswas

Spoke to his Mum just now.

He was riding off road (probably over the NE/East side of Brighton as he lives that way) was found at about 10 but no one’s sure how long after the accident that was. She thinks he must have gone over the bars judging by his injuries. He was wearing a helmet which is wrecked.

Bike is missing – maybe at ambulance station.

luddite
    Free Member

Ambulance staff shouldn’t have taken the bike as they can’t secure them in the Ambulance, in case they are involved in a road accident.
    If they did anything with it they would have been wise to note it in their paperwork, the hospital has a copy.
    The police would be more likely to look after the bike as the crew would concentrate on getting your mate to hospital.

milkyman
    Free Member

when I was going to work the other morning, through a smallish village there was a fella fast asleep, or I hope he was asleep and nothing worse, he was right on a T junction, he was lucky he hadn’t be run over, there had been a carnival the day before and I guess the drink and the sun got the better of him, police had just arrived as I drove past, I hope he was ok although I bet he had an hang over from hell

wwaswas

my wife ran along Brighton seafront yesterday morning at about 8am.

she said it looked like the aftermath of a battle, people asleep all over the beach, remains of fires, people being carried off by their mates, tons of litter.

milkyman
    Free Member

funny enough I had to go though a town centre at about 5 the other morning, I couldn’t believe what a state it was in, drunk people, empty bottles, cans, fast food boxes, It was a right old mess, went back later that afternoon and full of shoppers and “normal people” and it was so clean, the council do an good job IMO

VanHalen

crikey. I hope he’s ok.

when i was at uni i had a mate wake up impaled on railings on london road with a punctured lung. he`s not sure what happened but was on a bike at the time so these accidents do happen. still bloody crazy/scary though.

Mark

hora
    Free Member

Had he been on the pop?

When I was a student in Southampton-on the way home I use to shut my eyes then jump red lights. Many a time I woke up in bed covered in bruises.

Im not saying this happened in the OPs case though.

milkyman
    Free Member

this hot weather seems to affect people a lot more, drinking to much etc,

the police did seem to be struggling to wake him, fast asleep with his arms folded,

wwaswas

Im not saying this happened in the OPs case though.

he was on a mountain bike ride, as it turned out, I think he probably went out early evening after work so no alcohol involved, just a very nasty over the bars.

milkyman
    Free Member

well I hope he is ok, has he got his ok, and has he got his bike back, broken jaw sounds very painful

jambalaya
    Free Member

Healing vibes.

Sounds like he may have been very lucky, if he’d had the same otb in the woods who knows how long he may have lain there, perhaps he had a fall and then got himself to the road, does he remember anything ?

wwaswas

just to clarify, he was still off road when found – I was given the wrong information to start with.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘mate found unconscious at side of road.’ is closed to new replies.