Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Matchmakers
  • tallie
    Free Member

Not a “what dating site thread” – sorry!

I run XT brakes, a Zee shifter and a reverb remote (upside down) on the RHS of my bars on my hard tail. This all fits together ergonomically without any issues.

I’ve just upgraded to Zee brakes on my FS and want to recreate the bar setup I have on my hardball. I can’t get the Zee brakes, SLX and upside down reverb to fit together nicely on the RHS – there just isn’t enough space on the bar. Is anyone aware of any matchmaker type clamps that could solve my problem? A quick google would suggest not…

nickdavies

Can you not I-Spec the brakes & shifters together?
    They’ll fit then.

I managed to codge an ispec shifter onto the matchmaker shifter hanger which you could hang off the reverb, but not if it’s upside down (i don’t think)

honourablegeorge

That’s weird, they’re basically the same setup – what’s different that’s preventing you setting it up?

Drac

Ah not the chocolates then.

tallie
    Free Member

Nick – unless you know different I don’t think you can get I-Spec for SLX?

HG – Both the SLX shifter and the Zee brake both seem to be slightly chunkier than the Zee shifter / XT brake combo on the hardtail – it’s only mm but they don’t quite fit together. I might be exaggerating the issue slightly – on the HT it’s set up so I can brake / drop the saddle / change gear without changing my hand position on the bar – that’s not possible on the FS.

Drac – no and not blind victorian orphans either – again sorry.

nickdavies

Yeah I-Spec on zee and SLX.

Assuming you’re 1×10 and your new brakes are i-spec b:
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shimano/slx-m670-10-speed-i-spec-b-right-hand-shifter-ec057471?country=GB&currency=GBP&gclid=CNGWye7i88QCFVTKtAodqjQAsQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can’t buy the i-spec converters seperately for SLX like you can for XT but you can buy a new shifter(s).

tallie
    Free Member

Thanks Nick – I did mean the adaptors to convert my existing shifter to I-spec, although upon re-reading that wasn’t particularly clear from my post. I’d not realised that a new shifter was only £20ish (and Xt only £7 more) so that’s probably the obvious solution.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Matchmakers’ is closed to new replies.