Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Matchless… Why do I like this ?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

It’s ancient. But…??? I don’t need a crisis at the moment. Auction tomorrow.

Even got a side-car to put the bikes in 🙂 Wouldn’t fancy leaving it in CwnCarn carpark 😉

RustySpanner

Have a look at the Urals at F2 Motorbikes.

They really are lovely things.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

My mum loves hers and its not half as lovely as that one! I can remember being photographed on it 30 years ago and its still going strong

jambourgie
    Free Member

That is a thing of beauty.

Always fancied a motorbike, but the idea of wearing a helmet puts me off. I know they’re a lifesaver but doesn’t it kill the buzz a bit?

redthunder
    Free Member

More details.

fasthaggis

I don’t know.
    Maybe I could like it if the exhausts were binned,it ain’t no Vincent 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ooshh! that is nice! I remember when my Mum & Dad had a petrol station back in the early 70’s & a woman dressed in black leather used to call in on a Vincent Black Shadow. 2 things of beauty all in one.

finishthat
    Free Member

if you have 12k+ to spare it is effectively a Brough without the price tag or chrome tanks – look up Sid Leitch on youtube for much AJS and Matchless V twin loveliness

fasthaggis

Now this on the other hand 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Is that a Rapide? Fooking lovely thing that is!

brakes
    Free Member

noisy POS.
    there’s a guy on something similar lives round here – does my head in. sounds like an ultra-obnoxious fart and looks slow as hell.
    he thinks he’s cool, but he’s not, he just sits on an agricultural sewing machine travelling along at 15 noisy mph.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

there’s a guy on something similar lives round here –

So it’s similar (to what?) but different?

Is he on a Matchless or a Vincent? Or don’t you know?

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks amazing. Drum brakes!!

brakes
    Free Member

I don’t know, sorry.
    I’m blinded by my rage.
    Looks more like the Singer Vincent.

epicyclo

I wish I’d kept my old motorbikes. It would have been better than a pension fund 🙂

sobriety
    Free Member

When I used to ride from Stoneleigh to Leatherhead everyday as my commute, there was an old guy on an English classic bike who, every day of summer, used to blat over the downs wearing a matt black piss-pot, aviators, a string vest and an open white shirt (jeans and black boots obviously)

Over a decade later, I still want to be him.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Matchless… Why do I like this ?’ is closed to new replies.