Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Matching orange anodised components – May contain First World Problem
  • joemmo
    Free Member

hello
    I have some orange Hope trinketry on my bike and am about to order some bits from Superstar. In order to create maximum radness and colour matched synergy I would like to order these parts in orange but the images on Superstars website show their orange as more red-orangey than Hope’s, which is more golden orange. Does anyone have eyeball experience of both oranges or can confirm if they are satisfactorily in spectral harmony.

Thanks. I await your mockery.

qwerty
    Free Member

ads678

It’s either got to match, or be completely different IMO.

From what i’ve seen SS orange is not the same as Hope Orange.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If the frame is a nice colour, all the components should be black.

If the frame is black, go for it. Though I do find all matching hope colour kit a bit gopping.

judgeonions
    Free Member

I had an orange Superstar chain-ring to go with my orange Hope BB/Headset. Was as you say more red-orange and didn’t quite match right. My OCD kicked in so sold it and went with a matching Hope one. That said, I have got orange Superstar disc rotor bolts and they match quite well with the orange Hope Hubs, but that’s no way as noticeable. Also have orange Uberbike chain-ring bolts which match well.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

it will also have superstar written on it, not sure if you can handle that?

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Once you find out which manufacturer uses a darker orange, buy those parts for the upper sections of the bike as they’ll receive more sunlight and fade quicker, eventually matching the lighter orange of the lower parts. It will require you to get outside on the bike though….

rhayter

I love this thread.

joemmo
    Free Member

I do like the suggestion about allowing for natural sunlight fade but that will mean I’ll need to rotate the bike regularly on it’s indoor display stand and get a UV exposure meter to ensure even coverage. Or perhaps I can use a high factor suncream on selected components?

Beagleboy

I’ve got orange Hope stuff on my orange, Orange. I’ve also got orange Crank Bros. Candy pedals on my orange Orange. The orange pedals match my Hope, orange hubs, headset and seat clamp on my orange Orange, really quite well, even though you wouldn’t think they were the same oranges on my Orange.

I think you should go for it, unless you don’t like orange. I like orange, and Oranges, even the fruity types of orange.

C.

slimjim78
    Free Member

citric acid. pour some on offending parts for bleaching effect.

orange juice first, if that not cutting it then try something more radical, like a kumquat – just be careful not to splash it all over the bits you werent aiming for.

ads678

Beagleboy – Pics.

Poopscoop

Great,I come into an innocuous thread for a quick read then find out I’m colour blind.

joemmo
    Free Member

Beagleboy – I thought I liked Orange but you are taking it to the next level. I used to have an Orange but it was black, before that I had a green Orange Now I have a blue Bird, although there was the choice of an orange Bird it wasn’t the right orange.

matt_outandabout

mmmm, orange in different shades…

joemmo
    Free Member

too many oranges there matt. It is possible to over orange things.
    Anyway, thanks all for your guidance, I have bottled it and ordered a black one, thus ensuring chromatic dissonance is minimised – and that it is in sync with the overwhelmingly non-orange remainder of the components.

crashrash

Just in case you fancy some pedals DMRs orange is not bright but matches the orange on my Whyte and is closer to hope orange, though not sure about Orange orange.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Just colour them in with Orange crayons

theotherjonv

Colour matched componentry is an abomination. Take it all off and burn it on a massive bonfire next to a main road. And never, never, never, do it again.

onandon
    Free Member

Op. Find the thread – how much bling is tasteful..

General consensus is that minimal is ok. Anymore is just shit.

Other thread

joemmo
    Free Member

Colour matched componentry is an abomination. Take it all off and burn it on a massive bonfire next to a main road

Thanks. I had no idea regulations were so strict on these things.

2 questions.

– do I need to make separate pyres for each colour?

– can you be more specific about what class of road is ‘main’? Does it need to be a trunk road or would some urban dual carriageway suffice? If I’m going to incinerate my bike I may as well do it in a convenient location.

theotherjonv

– do I need to make separate pyres for each colour?

No, one bonfire is fine. In fact, the bigger the bonfire, the better.

– can you be more specific about what class of road is ‘main’? Does it need to be a trunk road or would some urban dual carriageway suffice? If I’m going to incinerate my bike I may as well do it in a convenient location.

If you’re worried about getting back afterwards, build it next to your house. RIGHT next to it.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve got Hope orange stem and seatclamp, and a front Uberbikes orange brake adaptor and they’re very different shades, and both different to the (part-faded) orange decals.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VroZVq]IMG_20170706_123919021[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

I resisted the urge to get the orange Uber brake rotors.

monkeyboyjc

Hope = Donald Trump
    Superstar = David Dickenson

Definitely different.

takisawa2

That. ^^ Bloody funny.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Matching orange anodised components – May contain First World Problem’ is closed to new replies.