• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Masterchef….now
  • ton

what a complete load of old crap, how the **** is flowers, cold tomatoes, squid mouse and throat cooking?

who the **** in their right mind would travel from all over the world to eat in a place that serves cold raw food?

how the **** is that cookin?

Jamie
    Free Member

Why the anger, Ton? I thought tomatoes were allowed on iDave?

juanking

I’ve eaten in Brian’s place in Aberdeen many times and the food is more traditional but top drawer and decent value for money.

ton

Why the anger, Ton?

stress jimbo……from not having flowers in my jalfrazi…. 😡

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ton I’ve just said exactly the same to MrsS……..utter crap….one mouthful rip off poncy food does my head in.

Jamie
    Free Member

stress jimbo……from not having flowers in my jalfrazi…

I’ll drop some carnations in the post for you to have a munch on.

*rings interflora*

somafunk

Don’t stress Ton, I’m sure there is a Harvester close to you.

rickmeister

9 courses though… How many courses of jalfeizie did you slurp through ?

rOcKeTdOg

I don’t think you can say it’s crap without tasting it first

willard

I agree 100%. Ton, you need to be paying us to go over there and compare that food with your curry.

I’m free the week after Christmas, just so you know.

ton

RD, i should have said it’s wrong ‘in a not my kinda food way’,,,, 😉

Yak

Looks great to me. I’d love to try some of that, no matter how challenging in regular food terms it might be. Wouldn’t want the bill though…

Spin
    Free Member

My first thoughts were that the food was a bit ’emperor’s new clothes’. You know, like thick-thin chainrings, tapered headsets, clutched mechs, dropper posts and such like.

But I’m not so sure, there’s clearly skill and a knowledgeable palate behind it so I’ll reserve judgement.

chvck
    Free Member

Yak +1. It looks amazing to me and I’d love to try it. It’s not only a meal that looks really tasty but also a totally different experience to anything I’d have tried before.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

I loved Brian’s line…

(Looking at the tomato dish) “you wouldn’t get away with that in Aberdeen”

Pmsl

bobbyspangles

they ate using a fork

MADE OF SUGAR.

now that’s pretty cool

hairybiker84
    Free Member

Comedy cooking! Heston bloomingfool’s got a lot to answer for.

rusty90
    Free Member

I liked the way that having a wafer thin slice of toast with the red pepper and squid meringue thing was considered to totally spoil the dish.
    As Mrs Rusty said, you’d definitely want a kebab on the way home after that.

rickmeister

The head chef / restaurant owners attitude was pretty cool though… Just have a go, give it a shot, well done… Tom Kerridge has the same approach. Unlike a lot of the other wound up primadonna London chefs…. Marcus Waring was like that on previous episodes where contestants visited his kitchen but I’m warming to him as a presenter on the show. He has mellowed….

cookeaa

I think there’s a point with all this haute cuisine/fine /concept dining cobblers where they’re all clearly spinning a line in bullshit to one another, but Then of course it’s reciprocal…

None of them can say that the other’s food is actually pointless, pretentious shite because then the Jig would be up for all of them…

So they blow smoke up each other’s arses (probably infused with Truffles) and charge a bomb… Plebs can eat it too, but we’ll stay quiet in case we’re accused of being ignorant…

The Bake off’s better, shit loads of butter and sugar loaded pastry and cake…

JustAnotherLogin
    Free Member

Marcus does seem more chilled. Who knew he could smile?

Food is ace. It’s such an everyday part of our lives yet the possibilities are truly endless and some people can create amazing things. Whether that’s worth the price is subjective but I’d love to go there. Only done a few taster menus like that but after nine courses you are stuffed – each plate needs to be small and focus on a few ingredients.

hora
    Free Member

really not warming to this series. I like Monica. The contestants and the new judge (why do we have to have an advert about him on every episode?), I just don’t like it. Bring back MRJunior.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Masterchef….now’ is closed to new replies.