Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Massively Off topic – making a unique ring?
  • LMT
    Free Member

Basically the OH and myself have well had a pair of silver craft rings, we got them in Weymouth the first holiday we had together, lots of sentimental value more than anything else as ive never not worn mine and when we picked them they were the perfect size.

The OH occasionally misplaces hers as she can’t wear it at work, works in a bakery. Normally it always turns up, but this time its been missing for 3 weeks turned the house inside out can we find it nope.

I tried the place we got them from for another, a long shot but the company went under 15 years ago, tried an internet search for the guys that made the rings and nothing. Living in Birmingham thought would try the jewellery quarter next week to see if someone can make a copy of mine.

Can anyone recommend anyone in Birmingham that could do this? to be honest its a simple silver band, with edging lines and small circles cut into the ring adhoc round so nothing too complicated. Was thinking of upgrading mine an hers to white gold as we have been together a while.

kayak23

You should be spoiled for choice in Birmingham. Try the school of jewellery in Birmingham, maybe a student could do it as a first commission.
    I have a couple of talented silversmith friends if you get stuck.

Another option might be for you both to do a silversmithing evening class and make your own!

CountZero

My best mate is a goldsmith, and would have no problem making a replica, but he’s not in Brum, but North Wilts.
    An established goldsmith shouldn’t have any problem making one or two for you.

psling
    Free Member

Tollah, who posts on here, is married to a silversmith/jewellery maker who may be able to help. They live Evesham way so not that far from you. He may see this thread now that his name is in it! (though they’re up in Yorkshire at the moment).

Pigface
    Free Member

My ex BIL is a Goldsmith based in Caerleon South Wales go to Cwmcarn and drop in on him on the way.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Think there was someone on here that could get it done? They did some mint sauce stuff…..

CheesybeanZ

Drop Tollah an email .
    sheldon.attwood@gmail.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Massively Off topic – making a unique ring?’ is closed to new replies.