Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Massive flytipping incident – Staffordshire
  • jekkyl

Absolute Scumbags.

This is on the old railway line connecting Congleton to Stoke, commonly called the biddulph valley way. Apologies for the daily fail link, it was either that or a pop up ridden local rag page. ]
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4179260/FIFTY-10ft-piles-recycling-dumped-beauty-spot.html

Houns

Wonder how many of the dog walkers complaining hang the dog poo in bags from trees?

scud
    Free Member

Bleedin’ Norah, that’s clearly taken repeated trips to dump all of that, looks to be recycling from an actual tip or “recycling centre”?

nickhit3
    Free Member

that’s a big fly

scuttler

The only good thing about that is it’s going to be difficult for the local authority to avoid investigating it. Quite evidently a limited number of sources for that amount and type of crap so it should be a damn site easier than sussing out where a random fridge came from.

franksinatra

is it definitely fly tipping and not just an overflowing bin?

jekkyl

Exactly what I was thinking, there must be something in there with an address on for a business or a house so it can be traced. The people responsible should be made to clean it up personally.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Put a grassy layer over the top of it and make it a telly tubby feature.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Isn’t that bales of Refuse derived fuel?

maxtorque

What tyres for flytipping??? 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Always surprises me that the councils don’t use this as a potential revenue stream. Decent motion sensitive camera equipment could be paid for in one fine, it’s always the same bloody places….

newrobdob
    Free Member

That looks like rubbish from a transfer station, its already had all the good stuff taken out of it (wood and metal) and therefore has probably been through a trommel and from that grainy pic looks like its been partially shredded too.

Its too big for the local authority, thats organised crime dumping which the EA will investigate.

By the way, it is very very hard to prove flytipping offences in a court.

jimmy

Always surprises me that the councils don’t use this as a potential revenue stream

I think similar. But then, it takes money to make money. There’s a spot near me that always get tipped – a covert camera in the trees wouldn’t take much, but I think they have to declare there is CCTV in the area if something goes up?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

As above thats not your normal fly tipping, thats a full load of co-mingles as its known, come straight from a transfer station after sorting or a recycling company not willing to pay for it ! … looks like a artic wagon has just tipped the whole load onto the road

Trimix
    Free Member

If the council didn’t charge to take stuff to the dump it would probably reduce the amount that’s fly tipped.

I often wonder which is more economical.

AlexSimon

That’s the newly proposed recycled bike trail surface.
    Must be getting it ready for a trial.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I wondered what Tesco did with all the old carrier bags they collected.

slackboy

Tens of thousands of discarded plastic bottles, bags and cardboard boxes were crushed into 50 blocks and strewn across the pathway, and police are now hunting the ‘industrial fly-tippers’ responsible.

how long & how many trucks does does it take to dump that much rubbish?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If the council didn’t charge to take stuff to the dump it would probably reduce the amount that’s fly tipped.

I often wonder which is more economical.

If the council didn’t charge for dumping stuff there would be no incentive to re-cycle, and the council would miss it’s targets and get fined.

newrobdob
    Free Member

how long & how many trucks does does it take to dump that much rubbish?

From the looks of it it was a couple of walking floor or compactor trucks, maybe 20mins at the most.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Maybe the company responsible did it as a “dirty protest” ..

oldtalent
    Free Member

I wonder if the perpetrators main residence has axles or foundations?

markrh
    Free Member

Yeah, i’m with Nobeerinthefridge, a motion sensitive camera but with a feed to MOD, linked a missile launch system to take the bastards out.
    Just a small missile, not a nuke.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Yeah, i’m with Nobeerinthefridge, a motion sensitive camera but with a feed to MOD, linked a missile launch system to take the bastards out.
    Just a small missile, not a nuke.

Can we make a satellite mounted laser instead – probably less messy to clean up than a missile strike 😀

philjunior
    Free Member

I think they have to declare there is CCTV in the area if something goes up?

If they do so and it stops fly tipping, that’s fine by me.

parkesie
    Free Member

Similar stuff has appeared on the ols leycett rail line near keele.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Wow how up their own arses are singletrack world , I went to follow the link and this is what I got .

No Daily Mail

I’m sorry but we don’t allow direct links to the Daily Mail on our website as we find it an abhorrent publication.

If you really feel the need to follow that link through then please click the link below.

If you still want to visit the Daily Mail website your can use this link:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4179260/FIFTY-10ft-piles-recycling-dumped-beauty-spot.html

The above link has a nofollow attribute applied.

fisha
    Free Member

Ramsey… whats the issue? If stw doesn’t like the daily mail what’s the issue. There is nothing to say that the site should be media impartial.

As for the rubbish. I used to drive tipper lorries. There are more than a couple of dump loads I would say in those piles.

AlexSimon

Ramsey Neil – it’s been like that for about 3 years

aracer
    Free Member

They also have a point (the only thing which irritates me about it is that it opens the DM link in a new tab – as if I want to keep the STW virtue signalling tab to remind me).

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

What’s the point of not allowing a direct link and then providing you with one after you’ve read the little lecture . Is it just The Mail or do they censor other publications ?

oldtalent
    Free Member

@ramsey I guess they can do what they want with their website and publication. I’m sure they are loosing out on revenue though with their biased leftwing slant, but that’s their perogative.

jonnyboi

No Daily Mail

I’m sorry but we don’t allow direct links to the Daily Mail on our website as we find it an abhorrent publication.

If you really feel the need to follow that link through then please click the link below.

Really? That’s brilliant. Well done STW

#stopfundinghate

jimbobo
    Free Member

Direct link brings targeted ads, this place has enough challenging individuals without adding daily mail readers.

joff
    Free Member

Oh nice, ive ridden these tracks now for years and ive never seen any fly tipping, however that section is close to the road and i guess a gate has been forced or left open as the tracks are very vehicle proof from Congleton all the way into Stoke. Seen plenty of other stuff on there, things on fire, herby smelling stuff and it just gets more interesting the closer you get to Hanley.

alexxx
    Free Member

Still looks better than Stoke

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What’s the point of not allowing a direct link and then providing you with one after you’ve read the little lecture . Is it just The Mail or do they censor other publications ?

You get this site for free, if you don’t like it…

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Thank you for that it really answers my question .

ajantom

But are you saying that you really want to be able to see Daily mail links? Or are you just annoyed at a perceived infringement of your right to access information?

If the first, then you’d be better off on the DM site moaning about STW to the frothing masses than on here moaning about how the owners of a site run their site.

ransos
    Free Member

Thank you for that it really answers my question .

Your question has been answered, and it’s no-one else’s fault that you don’t like the answer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Massive flytipping incident – Staffordshire’ is closed to new replies.