Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Maserati advert…
  • CountZero

…So glad to see it back, now I know what to spend my PPI refund on. 🙄

DrJ

Lucky you. I hardly have enough for a Tudor watch.

craigxxl
    Free Member

For some reason I keep getting the Maserati pop up advert when using this forum on the iPad. I don’t get it on any other device including the iPhone. How can I get rid of it as it keeps appearing. Clicking on the X in the corner only opens the advert in another tab.
    Pop up blocking is switched on in Safari settings. It appears regardless of being logged in or not. I’ve cleared the history, cache and passwords in Safari too but nothing seems to get rid of the annoying advert.
    I’ve no interest in paying for the premium subscription before anyone suggests it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

Maserati advert?

Only Coke ‘n Hookers adverts for me 🙂

BoardinBob

I’ve been logged out on my laptop and there’s now a Honda advert that takes up the entire screen making logging on impossible. Literally not a single pixel of the actual forum displayed, it just looks like a Honda landing site.

Blah, blah, blah, ad revenue etc but surely if the non premier version of the site is unusable from time to time it’s hardly going to attract new members or subscribers

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Don’t mention the M car or the T watch and the advertiser might start ignoring this sight a bit. If they can see that they are creating chatter about their product they will keep the ads coming. They possibly don’t monitor the sentiment of the chatter

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nectar points for me!

somafunk

It’s a pain in the arse the way that stw logs me out on a daily basis and i get the maserati advert popup across the screen when i try and open stw on the iPad, time to use one of the pop up ad blockers.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah the Maserati pop-up add is annoying on an iPad

metalheart
    Free Member

If you hit refresh on the path thing at the top of the ipad I find it gets rids (or at least it did when it was *that* watch ad….)

Alternatively, those non-p’s, it a good cause atm on digital so maybe revise your decision on that (I renewed one year only)?

matt_outandabout

If you keep saying Maserati, you will get more ads for it. 😉

GregMay
    Free Member

I love my P

pitduck
    Free Member

😆

Cougar

making logging on impossible

stw logs me out on a daily basis and i get the maserati advert popup across the screen when i try and open stw

I’ve said this before but, you can set your site bookmark to http://singletrackworld.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=forum/ and it’ll take you to the front page of the forum if you’re logged in and to an advert-free login page if you aren’t. (If you want to start on the bike or chat forum, just add forum/bike-chat or forum/off-topic to the end of that URL.)

djglover
    Free Member

I had a honda one the otherday, took over the whole page and no x to close.

metalheart
    Free Member

iPad guys, see right at the top of the screen it says singletrackworld.com and has a round arrow beside it?

Hit the arrow. It refreshes the page and the ad should disappear.

Or least it did/does with me.

shermer75
    Free Member

All my adverts are for Pot Noodles and socks with holes in

craigxxl
    Free Member

iPad guys, see right at the top of the screen it says singletrackworld.com and has a round arrow beside it?

Hit the arrow. It refreshes the page and the ad should disappear.

Or least it did/does with me.

Wow! I would never have thought of that. Shame it comes back though when swapping between sections.

metalheart
    Free Member

Craig, the joys of rural broadband. Sometimes pages take forever to load and refresh sometimes hurries them along. It was inevitable that the adverts and refresh would coincide at one point…. 😀

If I hadn’t discovered that trick I’d’ve probably given up stw completely at that point.

crankboy
    Free Member

The add worked I am seriously thinking of getting one . This looks like a bargainhttp://www.mcslots.co.uk/100360/info.php?p=29&pid=6541886&ack=9

somafunk

Ahh cheers cougar, i’ve not noticed that bookmark tip mentioned before as it’s a recent thing (this year) to happen on my new iPad.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Maserati advert…’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts