• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tomd.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Marzzochi exr pro coil help
  • adds

Hi ive got a 2005 Kona Caldera which has a marzzochi exr pro, as far as I can tell its a coil model. I’m trying to get some idea of how to service them as is hasn’t ever been done and id like to do it myself. They haven’t been used regularly over the last 9 years but recent years they have and I thinks its time for a spruce up!

So can any one help me or point me in he right direction

coynie09
    Free Member
    dvatcmark
    Free Member

I had the same fork on my 2004 caldera and used the same manual linked above to service them intially. They are a basic fork internaly so theres not to much to get wrong. I did have a more detailed manual for the fork somewhere ( think it was the dealer manual), I’ll have a look and see if I can find it and upload it somewhere for you.

Just make sure you use the correct weight of oil (7.5 wt) as if you change it to something else it’ll change how the fork feels.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dvatcmark
    Free Member

I can’t find my copy, but here is where I got it from.

Just scroll down to the 2005 section

http://my-sport.spb.ru/manual_1/index-16.htm

adds

Cheers guys, I think ill have a go doesn’t seem to complex. If it goes wrong im probably due a new fork!!

adds

Well I’m just about to get around to servicing my forks. But a quick question oil type!! Marzzochi say 7.5wt oil what do people recommend?

I’m only doing xc stuff plus occasional trail centre and am around 10 stone.

tomd
    Free Member

If you change the oil it will either speed up or slow down the rebound. Just stick with the 7.5W unless you want to make it rebound slower or faster than it used to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Marzzochi exr pro coil help’ is closed to new replies.