Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Marzocci XC SL700 Forks – Any good?
  • Chris-H
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Has anyone used these? Been offered a pair for a very reasonable price… they look in good condition, seen to be plenty adjustable and fairly lo weight.

They are to go on a GT Avalanche for some basic XC / Trail use. I would probably set them at around 100mm travel.

Seem some mixed reviews but mostly because of how bad the manual is and that therefore it make setting them up tricky – once set-up though are they a good fork?

Cheers, any thoughts, recollections or experiences appreciated!

Chris

Parvis
    Free Member

I’ve got a set, and frankly they are a bit of a pain. If you pump them up to the reccommended pressures you may as well have a rigid fork. After experimenting with various pressures they are ok-ish, but still not a patch on the Reba or fox float forks that I’ve had.

The variable travel windy thing has a mind of its own despite a full service under warranty.

They do look nice though.

Chris-H
    Free Member

The point on pressure settings doesn’t worry me too much, I know the manual is wrong so happy to play around until I get the right balance. On a new and expensive fork that would definitely be annoying but I can live with it on a cheap pair…

The variable travel issue is a bit more concerning though – I’ve heard some people say they have wound down on downhill sections… is that what you have experienced and if so was it at full travel or regardless of where you had them set?

Cheers,

Chris

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Parvis
    Free Member

If you wind the fork out to full travel at the top of a descent, it will be at 1/2 way through the travel range by the bottom.

Another guy I spoke to who had the same fork had exactly the same problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Marzocci XC SL700 Forks – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.