Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Marzocchi RC3 Ti 2010/2011 – Any reports?
  • Digger90
    Free Member

Marzocchi really had it going up to 2007, then in 2008/2009 it just all went wrong.

Does anyone have any actual experience on Marz’s 2010/2011 RC3Ti forks, whether 44’s, 55’s or 66’s they’d care to share?

I’m really tempted by the 150mm 44 RC3 Ti’s for my 5 Spot.

jedi

i have the basic 55’s. back to 2003 glory days! 🙂

mildred

Had both 2009 55 ATA’s and 2010 55 Micro air Ti.

The 2010 are a completely different build quality and feel when compared to the 2009 – even the adjuster knobs are better quality. I’d say go for the latest model you can, and you should be ok.

Dirt mag reckon Marzocchi are back to top of their game based on the recent ones they’ve had.

ferrit
    Free Member

Had a set of 44 RC3 Tis for a while now – awesome so far.

Just keep getting better the more they are ridden! Like bombers of old – plush, active, but better damped so not troubled by fast hits and a lot lighter too.

3 year no-service warranty too. Bargain.

Just bought my second set.

goodgrief
    Free Member

’10 66 rc3 ti on my bike.
    quality-wise the fork couldn’t be better. the new axle is excellent and so easy to use.
    they are plusher than a plush thing but i would like to get my rebound worked on as sometimes after a particulary heavy or awkward landing the front wheel will bounce rather than stick. my 36 vans never did this.

and the stickers are the worst i’ve witnessed on a fork. most of mine are covered with copter tape but the stickers that aren’t are just peeling off!

seanodav
    Free Member

Ive got some 55 rc3 ti’s, they are outstanding imho!
    as said above though the stickers are a bit, well, not sticky 😕
    They replaced 2009 version and are completely different forks in feel and quality.
    At my weight of 10 st fully kitted they need no air or preload, any lighter they may have been a bit oversprung.
    Overall i love them, very plush!

goodgrief
    Free Member

i’m 11st, no air preload needed either. i’m also fully out on the compression damping but would like to add some lowspeed without affecting the highspeed. i was mis-sold the idea of high and low speed adjustment, thinking it meant a knob for each but it’s just one that controls both.

seanodav
    Free Member

@ goodgrief, would a little air, say couple psi in the right leg not help you there?

Ed-O
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of 55 RC3 Ti forks on test for about 9 months. I reviewed them in Issue 60 and gave them a Singletrack Recommended seal. No reliability issues and top end performance.

jedi

i use the bottom end 2010 55’s and nver bottomed them out at herts and used them out the box!

Digger90
    Free Member

Sounds like Marzocchi is back then!

I may pull the trigger on a pair of 44 RC3 Ti’s for my 5 Spot then…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi RC3 Ti 2010/2011 – Any reports?’ is closed to new replies.