Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Marzocchi – oh, that's good..
  • kayla1
    Free Member

Are the older 32mm Bombers as stiff as newer (fatter) stuff?

kimbers

kayla1 – Member
    Are the older 32mm Bombers as stiff as newer (fatter) stuff?

pretty close with a 20mm axle

mindmap3
    Free Member

Yeah, they’re not too bad. They were certainly stiffer than the equivalent Fox Vanilla fork at 130mm of travel.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

I’d happily see the weigh of forks go up a bit for the return or coil and sensible amounts of oil in the lowers – they feel better and are way more reliable.

I have just looked – the AM1 SL’s are 150g more than a Pike RCT3

dantsw13

My 2010 55RV weigh 2.7kg for a 160 fork!

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve owned probably about 10 pairs of marzocchi forks over the years…every single pair performed faultlessly.
    favourite ones were:
    2002 Z1 wedges, 2001 junior t, 2004 z1 drop off 2 ETA, 2007 z1 sport rv and the 2005 66rc
    i stopped buying them after that as i couldnt afford to pay for any upgrades and there were too manay instances being reported of the taiwanese made marzocchi forks not being very good or reliable.
    last pair of marzocchi forks i bought were the 55cr…which i still have on the old bike…again still running perfectly
    was a sad day when marzocchi closed for business but its nice to see that their new owners Fox are still allowing them to trade with a new 2017 lineup

matt_outandabout

2.7kg

1kg? Is that not just a big dump, pre-ride?

dantsw13

Yep! I’m happy to accept the weight for the performance. Mine are the basic coil version, quite uncontrolled climbing, but for my “Alps and other holidays” bike just perfect in the lumpy stuff!

I’ve just lost 16kg myself, so fully aware how a little bike weight here & there makes f-all difference in the scheme of things.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi – oh, that's good..’ is closed to new replies.