Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Marzocchi NCR ti 2016 forks
  • sime46
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of these on my Nomad and the stiction is becoming an issue. Reading a little on the interwebs has mixed results and answers. I would love to get these working properly cos they feel superb whilst riding. Does anyone have a set and have you encountered this issue? What would be the best/easiest solution? I could send them for warranty but that leaves me forkless possibly for some time. That’s not really the way I’d like to go. Any legit help will be mucho appreciated.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I had some 350 NCR 2015 with the same issue. did 25-30 hours of riding, made no difference. I sent them back for warranty, where they replaced the seals and oil.

Within an hour, the coating on the stanchions started to wear off! Sent them back again only to be told that they were uncertain how long spares would be. Ended up getting a refund in the end.

I suppose if your comfortable with dropping the lowers, you could check the oil and grease the seals, but I didn’t want to because Marz don’t like you doing that (especially on new forks).

DiscJockey
    Free Member

If possible, with the forks upside down (to prevent oil coming out) you could on-bolt the internal coil & damper from the lowers, lift the lowers up a bit and see how much friction there is from the wiper seals and bushes alone. If they seem smooth, it might suggest there is too much resistance in the damper. I’m assuming there’s little chance of stiction on the spring (there would be if it were air, but not coil).

sime46
    Free Member

Cheers guys. We stripped them earlier and the seals were bone dry! We lubed them and replaced the oil and they are better but not good enough. Sold them on cheap and ordered some new 36’s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi NCR ti 2016 forks’ is closed to new replies.