Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Marzocchi ‘Maxle’ Feels Loose?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Got a problem with my AM SLs. Even with the 20mm QR done up as tight as possible, there is still a scary amount of flex/wobble in the front wheel and you can hear it ‘knocking’ as if there isn’t something quite right.

Anyone else has this experience and if so, whats the fix? A new QR axle thing would be my assumption but I’m not sure!

Cheers
    Dave

MrNutt
    Free Member

is it your hub?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Nope – had some 36s before my Marzocchis and it was rock solid so I can only assume its the QR axle assembly thing.

IWH
    Free Member

Seriously, check the hub bearings. It’s more likely to be that than the axle. Don’t forget that it only takes a tiny bit of play in the bearings to make it feel like a serious issue when you wiggle the rim.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

But it was literally fine with the 36s, then 5 minutes later fecked on the ‘Zocchis. No gradual problem…

IWH
    Free Member

Are they a brand new set of forks?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Nope, 2007s

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Are you tightening it in the right sequence? You need to remove the end float first then tighten the axle clamps. so tighten one clamp – then tighten the bolts on the end of the axle then tighten the other clamp

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

There are no bolts – they’re the 20mm QR versions.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Same principle – you need to take the end float out first then clamp the axle in the drop outs.

Got a pic so I can see the exact type? I have 2 different ‘zocchi systems one called qr 20.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ll go and take another look at em and get a pic if they’re still giving me a headache.

Cheers mate..

Doug
    Free Member

You need to screw the QR adjuster in a bit. This is found at the other end to the QR lever.

Or maybe it’s fecked.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Found it on the net – is there a threaded bit at the end opposite the lever like a maxle? srtip clean and relube it all. tighten the threaded bit by hand before flipping the lever.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi ‘Maxle’ Feels Loose?’ is closed to new replies.