Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marzocchi AM1 SL air pressure advice
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Bought a pretty duff set of forks off eBay and I need to get the air pressures right before I properly decide they're not worth it. So, Marzocchi says 160psi in the bottom out chamber and 130psi in the main chamber, but this ends up with no sag. So, anyone got advice for a 13 stone rider in all my gear? Its the balance between bottom out and main that I can't seem to get right. I suspect they're shot but the seller says they're fine.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i find mine run with very little sag

not sure of pressures but as i run them on a fairly slack hardtail i run them quite soft. people have said that having no air in the PAR also helps

juan
    Free Member

IIRC you can use only the PAR (in 150 mm) with about 7 bars in it .

HTH

scruff
    Free Member

I have Z1sls, its worth persevering to get the right sag, mine are great forks but its a pain in the arse to get it right. Let all pressure out inc PAR, unwind all damping and try the marz settings (wont be right) then change in 10psi intervals in one chamber or the to get desired sag. Then try the PAR if its not ramping up as desired. Then bugger about in 5psi’s to get compression damping if you can with your type fork. Write down how much you’ve put in each otherwise you’ll forget. Dont bother with rebound until other bits are sorted.

Rickos
    Free Member

It says in the manual that the bottom out should not be run lower than the main chamber. How do you find that? Seems odd to me coming from Rock Shox, especially the large difference between the 2 that they suggest. Should I just try and keep a 30psi difference at the right sag setting?

GlennG
    Free Member

Had a pair of AM SL's thought they were great forks but a bugger to set up (pretty similar to my 66SL's), can remember a setting that Windwave had on their site a while back, tried it and made the forks very plush, cant remember what the settings were but may still be on their site?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi AM1 SL air pressure advice’ is closed to new replies.