Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Marzocchi 66 RC3 Ti – Top Out Clonk
  • ddmonkey

Hi All,

I just fitted some new 2012 66 RC3 Ti’s to a new frame and had a first ride around – when I pull up on the bars to get the front wheel off the ground there is a bit of a top out clonk from the forks, I don’t get it on the similar 55’s that I have. Is this a normal thing or is there a problem or adj that I should make? I have no preload wound in or Air in the forks at the moment.

Cheers!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Nope, that’s not right. Get ’em back to Windwave under warranty.
    I’ve got a set on my Patriot and don’t have that problem. They are a brilliant fork IMHO.

chestrockwell

Same happened to my old DT’s and it turned out the damper was stuffed. Changed under warrenty though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

probably either not enough oil in them or to little rebound damping.

ddmonkey

Hmm doesn’t sound good – especially as brand new! I’ll contact Windwave direct, cheers all.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hmm doesn’t sound good – especially as brand new! I’ll contact Windwave direct, cheers all.

You what? FFS, how hard is it to adjust the rebound damping or add 5cc’s of oil!

ddmonkey

David you speak with the least technically capable person in the free world – If I can break it trying to fix it I will. But you are right, I’ll confirm the issue with Windwave and then fix it as they advise, I hate working on forks though as I never have the right tools, the time or a clean workspace to get things done well. I’m sure a LBS will be able to sort me out in jiffy if I know what I need doing and its not just a fork adj.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 66 RC3 Ti – Top Out Clonk’ is closed to new replies.