Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marzocchi 66 crown assemblies
  • Shirebikes
    Free Member

Hi All,

I recently bought a bike on ebay, which turned out to have rather scratched stanchions hidden by the travel adjust. The seller has offered suitable compensation for me to sort them, however i’m looking to find out if anyone knows what crowns will work.

I have 66 SL1 ATA’s with the damaged stanchions.
    A mate has a set of 66 VF’s which arent being used, and really need serviced so he is willing to sell them to me relatively cheaply.

is it possible to swap the crown steerer assembly from the VF’s to the SL1 ATA’s?

Thanks

Ed

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How old are the 66’s? If they’re the 06/07 sort of era, I’d avoid the SL ATA model, otherwise you’ll (probably) be in for a world of problems.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Pretty sure you should be able to swap them over. But as said above I’d run them without the ATA, it wasn’t very good. The VFs should be damned near indestructable though. Just keep the seals lubed and they’re fit and forget

Shirebikes
    Free Member

I think i might just have both sets apart anyway and see – though i would prefer to know before doing it! I’ve heard of the issues with ATA, but they seem to be working ok, so will give them a go and shift if there not what I need – I want to go back to TALAS anyway, but these will have to do in the short term!

Cheers

Ed

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Have a look for some of the older coil ones with the “ETA” I think it was? It was just a lever that locked the forks down for climbing if that’s what you’re after?

I’d avoid talas aswell; get some rock shox u turns

Shirebikes
    Free Member

To be honest i would prefer to fix what i already have!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 66 crown assemblies’ is closed to new replies.